Main Library Restoration Update
The view from our main library spaces are getting greener! Many of our programming spaces will have windows to see the beautiful outdoors, and our reading areas will feature natural light and views of our historic stained glass windows. This window on the second floor will overlook the fountain and McKenney Harrison Green Space! For more information, please visit ForEveryCitizen.org
- Teen Book Club: Teens in grades 6-12 are invited to join a book club held at the Teen Library on the first and third Mondays of each month from 5-6 p.m. For the month of May the group will be reading “The Boy at the Top of the Mountain” by John Boyne. There will be no book club for the months of June, July and August. Monday, May 20, 5-6 p.m., Teen Library.
- LEGO Club: Come to LEGO club! Work alone in our individual challenges, or with others during our collaborative sessions. Stoke your creativity and discover new ideas. We provide the LEGOs. Wednesday, May 22, 4-5 p.m., Teen Library.
- Kids in the Kitchen: Kids and teens can learn their way around food prep, food from other cultures, and what goes into good eating! We are happy to work with our friends with dietary concerns or restrictions, so let us know if there is a recipe we can change to help create a food you can enjoy! Check out this event on the Eckhart Public Library calendar at epl.lib.in.us/calendar to see what we’re making today! Thursday, May 23, 4-5 p.m., Teen Library.
- All About Mushrooms with Windrose Urban Farm: Did you know you can get delicious, local grown mushrooms, that benefit a great cause, as close as Fort Wayne? Join Windrose Urban Farm to learn not only about their amazing mushrooms, but also about their mission to provide vocational stability to people with disabilities. Windrose will even be preparing a delicious dish for you to taste! They will also discuss other great ways to prepare mushrooms. Thursday, May 23, 6-7 p.m., Willennar Genealogy Center.
- All Eckhart Public Library locations will be closing at 5 p.m. on Friday, May 24, and will remain closed through Monday, May 27. All locations will reopen on Tuesday, May 28, with their regular hours.