Main Library Restoration Update
Tech Services staff have been working with management and construction teams to plan shelving in the main library. Shelves have been selected and will installed throughout the building! For more information, please visit ForEveryCitizen.org
- Teen Writing Club: Teens in grades 6-12 are invited to participate in a writing club held at the Teen Library on the second and fourth Mondays of each month from 5-6 p.m. The Teen Writing Club is a program designed to provide a space for young writers to come and share their work. The group participates in a variety of writing exercises each meeting, which gives teens the opportunity to explore different forms of writing. Teens are also able to network, socialize, and collaborate with other teens interested in writing. Monday, May 13, 5-6 p.m., Teen Library.
- Bridge-a-Rama Bridge Classes: Learn to play Bridge for free! This series of lessons, followed by playing Bridge, is every other Monday. Space is limited; please contact Leslie Hamman at (260) 925-9357 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to register. This program is a partnership with Auburn Associate Tri Kappa through their Bridge-a-Rama program. Monday, May 13, 5:45-7:45 p.m., Auburn Plaza Location.
- Classic City Readers Book Club: Join us as we dive into a new book coupled with conversation and ideas. Classic City Readers will be reading a diverse variety of titles and topics on our journey through books. Participants will be discussing “Where the Crawdads Sing” by Delia Owens. Wednesday, May 15, 12-1 p.m., Willennar Genealogy Center.
- LEGO Club: Come to LEGO club! Work alone in our individual challenges, or with others during our collaborative sessions. Stoke your creativity and discover new ideas. We provide the LEGOs. Wednesday, May 15, 4-5 p.m., Teen Library.
- Creative Writing Group: All writers, no matter what genre, are encouraged to attend. Group members share their writing and participate in writing exercises. This group is for adults ages 18+. Wednesday, May 15, 6:30-7:45 p.m., Willennar Genealogy Center.
- Kids in the Kitchen: Kids and teens can learn their way around food prep, food from other cultures, and what goes into good eating! We are happy to work with our friends with dietary concerns or restrictions, so let us know if there is a recipe we can change to help create a food you can enjoy! Check out this event on the Eckhart Public Library calendar at epl.lib.in.us/calendar to see what we’re making today! Thursday, May 16, 4-5 p.m., Teen Library.
- Knifty Knitters: Beginning and experienced knitters and crocheters are welcome. Struggling with a problem pattern? Help is available from this group. Thursday, May 16, 6-7:45 p.m., Auburn Plaza Location.
- (L)augh (O)ut (L)oud Trivia: Join us for a night of trivia, based on some of the best comedies of all time, that’s guaranteed to make you LOL! Your team is your table, and at the end, the team with the most correct answers gets to choose from the prize books first. Come laugh with us! Thursday, May 16, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Mad Anthony Auburn Taproom (114 N Main St.).
- Teen Magic: The Gathering Club: Magic: The Gathering (MTG) Club is held every Friday at the Teen Library for its teenage patrons. This is a time to talk about the game, its strategy, things happening in the MTG world, and just to play some games. Formats include a mix of Standard/Modern, Commander, and Pauper. If you’re just starting, don’t worry – we have extra card decks for you to play with. New members, beginners and experts alike, are always welcome! Friday, May 17, 5-7 p.m. Teen Library.
- Screening of “Redeeming Uncle Tom: The Josiah Henson Story”: Join us Friday, May 17 at 6 p.m. for an exclusive screening of “Redeeming Uncle Tom: The Josiah Henson Story” at First United Methodist Church, 1203 E. 7th St., Auburn. The screening will be held in the youth space on the ground level of the church. “Redeeming Uncle Tom: The Josiah Henson Story” is a ground-breaking documentary that will restore a hero of the abolitionist movement to his rightful place in history. Josiah Henson, a dynamic man with unyielding principles, overcame incredible odds to escape from slavery with his wife and children. His life inspired the lead character of ‘Uncle Tom’ in Harriet Beecher Stowe’s 1852 classic novel which has been recognized as one of the sparks that ignited the Civil War. Critically acclaimed actor Danny Glover narrates the voice of Josiah Henson in the documentary film. For more information please visit: www.josiahhenson.com. Friday, May 17, 6-7 p.m., First United Methodist Church (1203 E 7th St.).
- Paint Them All – A Group Painting Experiment: In this session of Art at Auburn Brewing Company, we’ll all participate in a group painting experiment! Everyone who comes will receive a blank canvas to start creating on. Painting will continue for a few minutes, depending upon the number of participants, and then everyone will switch to the canvas on their left. Participants will eventually add to every canvas, in some cases more than once, and whichever one you end up on, you take home! This event is free & no registration is required! Friday, May 17, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Auburn Brewing Company (309 N Main St.).