This year marks the 25th anniversary of the series finale of The Golden Girls. Help Eckhart Public Library celebrate the iconic series by demonstrating your knowledge of all things Golden Girls on Tuesday, May 30, from 6-7:30 p.m. in the Close Community Room.
Register in teams of up to four friends. The winning team will receive gift baskets including books, chocolate, and gift cards. Refreshments (including cheesecake) will be served.
Register for Golden Girls Trivia Night no later than Monday, May 29, by calling 260-925-2414 ext. 120 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration is free, though there will be a freewill donation benefiting The Friends of the Library.
Here’s what’s happening around the library campus during the week of May 22:
- Pizza & Paperbacks: In May we’ll begin our next book, “Ghost” by Jason Reynolds. Come enjoy pizza while listening to a National Book Award Finalist for Young People’s Literature. “Ghost wants to be the fastest sprinter on his elite middle school track team, but his past is slowing him down in this first electrifying novel of a brand-new series from Coretta Scott King/John Steptoe Award–winning author Jason Reynolds.” Monday, May 22, 5-5:45 p.m., Teen Library.
- Pokemon Club: Pokemon enthusiasts in grades 6-12 are invited to bring their cards to the teen library every Tuesday and battle. Participants will go home with all their cards, as trading is not encouraged. Pokemon club is free and no sign up is required. Tuesday, May 23, 4-5 p.m., Teen Library.
- Wild Wednesday Adventure Clubs – Movie Makers: Students in first through fifth grade are invited to bring their imaginations and star in their very own movie! Wednesday, May 24, 4-4:45 p.m., Secret Garden.
- Preservation with Ethan Bowers and Sam Grate: Ethan Bowers and Sam Grate, from the ACD Automobile Museum, will be presenting a program on preservation of family photos and documents. Wednesday, May 24, 6-7 p.m., Learning Lab.
- Super Happy Fun Time – Game On!: We will play yard games outside in the library park. Super Happy Fun Time is for children in kindergarten through fifth grade. Thursday, May 25, 4-4:45 p.m., Secret Garden.
- Register for Eckhart Summer Read: Register for Eckhart Summer Read and pick up your first tally sheet and reading material on Friday before Memorial Day! Everything you read over Memorial Day Weekend counts toward Eckhart Summer Read! Friday, May 26.
- Friday Night Magic – The Gathering: Come play Magic: The Gathering! Anyone in grades 6-12 is welcome, and no registration is required. Friday, May 26, 5-6 p.m., Teen Library.
- Memorial Day Closing: Eckhart Public Library campus buildings will be closed for the Memorial Day holiday from Saturday, May 27, through Monday, May 29. Campus buildings will reopen with regular summer hours on Tuesday, May 30.