In partnership with Tri Kappa Pink Out and DeKalb Health, Eckhart Public Library will hold a Breast Cancer Detection Workshop on Monday, May 1.
The workshop, at 6 p.m. in the Close Community Room, will include information about self breast exams with exam demonstrations using prosthetic models. There will also be a question and answer period about what to expect for mammograms, test results, and additional imaging exams.
The workshop is free, and no registration is required.
Here’s what is happening around the library campus during the week of May 1-6:
- Play & Connect: Eckhart Public Library’s Play & Connect times are designed for children to interact with each other and engage in age appropriate activities while adults supervise and socialize. Schedule a play date with your regular circle or expand your social network. Activities are designed for all families and caregivers with children ages 5 and younger. Play & Connect is free. You are welcome to come and go any time. Monday, May 1, 10 a.m. to noon, Secret Garden.
- Neon Flix: This group for people in grades 6-12 writes, directs and acts in original films, short stories and YouTube videos. New members are always welcome. Monday, May 1, 5-7 p.m., Teen Library.
- Breast Cancer Detection Workshop: In partnership with Tri Kappa Pink Out and DeKalb Health, we will be offering a Breast Cancer Detection Workshop on Monday, May 1st at 6:00 pm. There will be a information about self breast exams with exam demonstrations using prosthetic models. There will also be a question and answer period about what to expect for mammograms, test results, and additional imaging exams. Monday, May 1, 6-7:30 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Pokemon Club: Pokemon enthusiasts in grades 6-12 are invited to bring their cards to the teen library every Tuesday and battle. Participants will go home with all their cards, as trading is not encouraged. Pokemon club is free and no sign up is required. Tuesday, May 2, 4-5 p.m., Teen Library.
- Mystery Braid Bracelets: Learn to make a bracelet out of a braid with two closed ends while discussing all things mysterious. All materials will be supplied. Register by calling 260-925-2414 ext. 120 or emailing email@example.com. Tuesday, May 2, 6-7:30 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Wild Wednesday Adventure Clubs – Time Travelers: The Time Travelers will be learning about Conglomeration with Mike Littlejohn of Auburn. Conglomeration was a choir at DeKalb High School during the 1970’s. Mike was a member of Conglo during his high school years. Participants will have musical instruments to play and pizza to eat. Wednesday, May 3, 4-4:45 p.m., Learning Lab.
- Creative Writing Group: All writers 18 and older, no matter what genre, are encouraged to attend. Group members share their writing and participate in writing exercises. Wednesday, May 3, 6:30-8 p.m., JHG Room.
- Super Happy Fun Time – Kids in the Kitchen: We will use a variety of delicious ingredients to create our very own custom tortilla rollups. Super Happy Fun Time is for children in kindergarten through fifth grade. Thursday, May 4, 4-4:45 p.m., Secret Garden.
- Knifty Knitters: Beginning and experienced knitters and crocheters are welcome. Struggling with a problem pattern? Help is available from this group. Thursday, May 4, 6-7:45 p.m., Main Library.
- Friday Night Magic – The Gathering: Come play Magic: The Gathering! Anyone in grades 6-12 is welcome, and no registration is required. Friday, May 5, 5-6 p.m., Teen Library.