It’s the first week of April, and we’re celebrating National Poetry Month here at Eckhart Public Library! National Poetry Month first began in 1996, and is used to celebrate creating, reading, and appreciating poetry. We have some great ideas for ways to celebrate!
- Memorize a poem
- Learn more about poets from Indiana
- Find a poetry reading near you
- Chalk a poem on the sidewalk
- Write a short poem yourself, or read more about how to write poetry
- Check out a poetry book from the library!
We would be glad to help you find more information on poetry you may like, or how to write your own. Stop in to visit us and we will be happy to help!
To learn more about celebrating National Poetry Month, click here.