We hope you’ll join us for a new book club for teens in grades 6-12 will feature both pizza and books.
Pizza & Paperbacks will meet on Monday, March 13, from 5-6 p.m. at the Teen Library, 705 S. Jackson St., Auburn.
The book for March is “Crossover” by Kwame Alexander. “With a bolt of lightning on my kicks . . .The court is SIZZLING. My sweat is DRIZZLING. Stop all that quivering. Cuz tonight I’m delivering,” announces dread-locked, 12-year old Josh Bell. He and his twin brother Jordan are awesome on the court. But Josh has more than basketball in his blood, he’s got mad beats, too, that tell his family’s story in verse, in this fast and furious middle grade novel of family and brotherhood. Josh and Jordan must come to grips with growing up on and off the court to realize breaking the rules comes at a terrible price, as their story’s heart-stopping climax proves a game-changer for the entire family.
For more information about Pizza & Paperbacks and other Teen Library programs, call 925-2414 ext. 620 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s what else is happening around the library campus during the week of March 13-18:
- Pokemon Club: Pokemon enthusiasts in grades 6-12 are invited to bring their cards to the teen library every Tuesday and battle. Participants will go home with all their cards, as trading is not encouraged. Pokemon club is free and no sign up is required. Tuesday, March 14, 4-5 p.m., Teen Library.
- Bridge-A-Rama: Learn to play Bridge for free! This series of lessons followed by playing Bridge is on the second and fourth Tuesdays from 6:00-8:00 p.m. Space is limited so contact Leslie Hamman at 260-925-9357 or by email at email@example.com to register. This program is a partnership with the Auburn Associate Tri Kappa through their Bridge-A-Rama program. Tuesday, March 14, 6-8 p.m., Willennar Genealogy Center.
- Drop-In Storytime Enrichment Class: EPL Storytime Enrichment Classes are a fantastic opportunity for children to access a world of creativity and discovery. Storytime Enrichment Classes are designed to help your child reach his or her full potential through stories, games, crafts, and activities that encourage early literacy skills. Our Preschool Storytime is designed for children ages 2 – 6 and their families. It’s free to attend and a library card is not needed. Tuesday, March 14, 6:30-7:15 p.m., Secret Garden.
- Wild Wednesday Adventure Club – Pokemon Battle Zone: Do you love Pokemon? Bring your cards and battle other enthusiasts! Participants go home with all their cards. Trading is not encouraged. Wednesday, March 15, 4-4:45 p.m., Secret Garden.
- Creative Writing – Publishing Workshop: Local published authors Barbara Olenyik Morrow and Judy Walker will be at Eckhart Public Library to talk about their publishing journeys. If you’re an aspiring writer interested in traditional, self, or e-publishing, you don’t want to miss this! Please register by calling 925-2414 ext. 120 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Wednesday, March 15, 6-7:45 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Better Off Read Book Club: This book club will discuss “Wuthering Heights” by Emily Bronte. Pick up a copy of the book at the Information Desk. Thursday, March 16, 10:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m., Jeremiah’s Brewed Awakenings.
- Super Happy Fun Time – Creativity and Cookies: We will use tissue paper to create some unique prints. Super Happy Fun Time is for children in kindergarten through fifth grade. Thursday, March 16, 4-4:45 p.m., Secret Garden.
- Knifty Knitters: Beginning and experienced knitters and crocheters are welcome. Struggling with a problem pattern? Help is available from this group. Thursday, March 16, 6-7:45 p.m., Main Library.
- Drop-In Storytime Enrichment Class: EPL Storytime Enrichment Classes are a fantastic opportunity for children to access a world of creativity and discovery. Storytime Enrichment Classes are designed to help your child reach his or her full potential through stories, games, crafts, and activities that encourage early literacy skills. Our Preschool Storytime is designed for children ages 2 – 6 and their families. It’s free to attend and a library card is not needed. Friday, March 17, 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Secret Garden.
- Friday Night Magic: Teens who are fans of Magic: The Gathering can come play each Friday evening. Friday, March 17, 5-6 p.m., Teen Library.
- Preschool Music and Movement: We will warm up our muscles, get some wiggles out, and explore different rhythms. Parents are welcome to join in the fun. This is a drop-in program; no registration is required. Saturday, March 18, 10:15-10:45 a.m., Secret Garden.