(Click the book cover above to see more about “The Bigfoot Book.” Check it out in preparation for Saturday’s presentation!)
Ever wondered about Bigfoot? Saturday is your chance to learn more about the mysterious creature.
LeRoy Nail from the Indiana Bigfoot Research Organization will be at Eckhart Public Library on Saturday, November 12, from 1-3 p.m., to talk about the organization’s efforts in investigating and documenting Bigfoot sightings from around the state.
According to the organization’s website, the nonprofit organization’s goal is “to provide reports from around the State of Indiana, while researching areas to gather information and document it.”
Refreshments will be served.
This week, it’s also important to remember that the library will be closed on Friday, November 11, in observance of Veterans Day. We will reopen on Saturday, November 12, with regular hours. And Saturday, November 12, is also a notable day because it’s the first day of the Friends of the Eckhart Public Library’s annual silent auction of gift baskets! The auction lasts through Saturday, November 19, and proceeds support library programs, services, and collections.
Here is what is happening at the library this week:
- Neon Readers Teen Book Club: We will talk about the books we are currently reading and then work on our movie project. Monday, November 7, 5-7 p.m., Teen Library.
- Pokemon Club: Pokemon enthusiasts in grades 6-12 are invited to bring their cards and battle. Participants will go home with all their cards, as trading is not encouraged. Pokemon Club is free and no registration is required. Tuesday, November 8, 4-5 p.m., Teen Library.
- Drop-in Storytime Enrichment Class: EPL Storytime Enrichment Classes are fantastic opportunity for children to access a world of creativity and discovery. Eckhart Public Library is proud to offer Storytime Enrichment Classes free of charge for the children and families in our community. Storytime Enrichment Classes are designed to help your child reach his or her full potential through stories, games, crafts, and activities that encourage early literacy skills. Tuesday, November 8, 6:30-7:15 p.m., Secret Garden.
- Wild Wednesday Adventure Clubs – LEGO Club: Come join us at the library for LEGO Club! Children in first through fifth grades are welcome to join us. We’ll supply the LEGOs, and you create the masterpiece. Wednesday, November 9, 4-4:45 p.m., Secret Garden.
- Christmas Parade Prep: Join us before Super Happy Fun Time to help create ornament costumes for the Auburn Christmas Parade on November 22. Thursday, November 10, 3-4 p.m., Secret Garden.
- Super Happy Fun Time – STEAM Challenge: Can you build a mini catapult that will throw candy corn the farthest? Super Happy Fun Time is for children in kindergarten through fifth grade. Thursday, November 10, 4-4:45 p.m., Secret Garden.
- Veterans Day Observance: Eckhart Public Library will be closed in observance of Veterans Day on Friday, November 11. The library will reopen with regular hours on Saturday, November 12.
- Giving Thanks Basket Auction: Come bid on a basket! A wide variety of gift baskets are available to bid on in this silent auction. The auction is sponsored by the Friends of the Eckhart Public Library, and proceeds support Eckhart Public Library programs, services, and collections. Saturday, November 12 through Saturday, November 19, Main Library.
- Indiana Bigfoot Research Organization: LeRoy Nail from the Indiana Bigfoot Research Association will be at Eckhart Public Library to talk about IBRO’s efforts in investigating and documenting sightings around the state. Refreshments will be served. Saturday, November 12, 1-3 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Pick up book club books: Books are available for two adult book clubs. Turn a Page With Anni will discuss “The Rosie Project” by Graeme Simsion and “This Is Where I Leave You” by Jonathan Tropper on Wednesday, November 16, at noon in the Close Community Room. Better Off Read will discuss “Always a River: The Ohio River and the American Experience,” on Thursday, November 17, at 10:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. at Jeremiah’s Brewed Awakenings. Books are available at the Information Desk at the Main Library.