It’s the last week before Eckhart Public Library makes the big transition to Evergreen Indiana!
Evergreen Indiana is a statewide library circulation system. Joining EI gives Eckhart and Garrett patrons access to approximately 110 other library systems across the state and the nearly 7 million items that they own.
To prepare for the transition, both libraries closed on Friday, July 29, and Saturday, July 30. During this time the staff will be trained on the new software and will make final arrangements for the migration. The library’s e-book and e-audiobooks collection, offered through the Northeast Indiana Digital Library at nidl.lib.overdrive.com, is expected to be available during the migration.
Eckhart Public Library and Garrett Public Library both will open at 1 p.m. on Monday, August 1, as Evergreen Indiana libraries. The first step will be to get a new library card. There is no additional charge for those who live in the Eckhart or Garrett Public Library service areas, or those who live outside the service areas and have already purchased a subscription card this year. If your photo ID (driver’s license or state ID card) lists your current address, you will be able to get a new card right away and immediately start taking advantage of all Evergreen Indiana has to offer. If your photo ID does not have the correct address, you will need to bring one additional form of identification with your current address. Those options include: a valid voter registration card, valid government issued ID, recent bank statement (within 30 days), recent utility bill (within 30 days), and a tax receipt.
Here’s what is happening at the library this week:
- Better Off Read Book Club: This book club will read and discuss “Ms. Marvel Vol. 1” by G. Willow Wilson and “Stitches” by David Small. Pick up a copy of the book at the Information Desk. Thursday, July 28, 10:30 a.m. or 6:30 p.m., Jeremiah’s Brewed Awakenings.
- Tabletop Game Night: Come play tabletop games with other board game enthusiasts! Bring your favorite, or play one of our many options. Thursday, July 28, 6-8 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Library Closed: The Eckhart Public Library Campus will be closed to transition to the Evergreen Indiana system on Friday, July 29, and Saturday, July 30. The campus will reopen on Monday, August 1, at 1 p.m.
- Teen Fall Hours: Teen fall hours begin on Monday, August 1. The Teen Library will be open 3:30-8 p.m. on Monday through Thursday; 3:30-7 p.m. on Fridays; and noon to 5 p.m. on Saturdays.
- Pokemon Go!: Pokemon Trainers are welcome at Eckhart Public Library! There are several Poke Stops around the Eckhart Public Library, and charging stations are available for your devices. Share your best Pokemon Go pictures with us on social media; we love to see what Pokemon show up at the library!
- Register now for “Love Between the Covers” Film Screening & Director Skype: Romance fans and women’s history enthusiasts do not want to miss this screening of Love Between the Covers followed by a Skype with director Laurie Kahn. About the film: “Love stories are universal. Love stories are powerful. And so are the women who write them. For three years, the filmmakers follow the lives of five published romance authors and one unpublished newbie as they build their businesses, find and lose loved ones, cope with a tsunami of change in publishing, and earn a living doing what they love—while empowering others to do the same. Romance is the behemoth of the publishing industry; it outsells mystery, sci-fi, and fantasy combined. Yet no filmmaker has ever taken an honest look at the amazing global community that romance writers and readers have built. Until now.” Find out more about the movie at lovebetweenthecovers.com. Refreshments will be served. Register by calling 925-2414 ext. 120 or emailing email@example.com. Saturday, August 20, 1-4:30 p.m., Close Community Room.