The library’s historic fountain is Back Home Again in Auburn, Indiana! The fountain, which was renovated thanks to community support, was reinstalled on Wednesday, July 13.
We’re thrilled to have the fountain home, and we want to celebrate with the community on Sunday, July 24, from 2-4 p.m. The celebration, which is proudly supported by Ambassador Enterprises and the Friends of the Eckhart Public Library, will include complimentary family photos by The Studio on Main Street, children’s activities, the Auburn Community Band, Cranberry Cottage and Ice Cream Parlor, and Jeremiah’s Brewed Awakenings.
Please also note that the library campus buildings will be closed for maintenance on Friday, July 22, and Saturday, July 23.
Here’s what’s happening around the library campus this week:
- Get out and Grow: Stop by the teen library this summer to help out with the Not-So-Secret Garden. Adopt a vegetable/fruit or a row of vegetables/fruit to take care of. Sign up to water the plants each week from the rain in the rain barrels. We will create delicious snacks out of the fruits and vegetables as they ripen all summer long. Tuesday, July 19, 1-2 p.m., Teen Library.
- Turn a Page with Anni Book Club: This book club will read and discuss “Sometimes Daughter” by Sherri Woods Emmons. Pick up a copy of the book at the Information Desk. Wednesday, July 20, noon to 1 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Bead Sculpting for Teens: The Auburn Arts Commission presents an opportunity for teens to experiment with sculpting beads. The beads will be baked and used to create unique pieces of jewelry. All supplies are provided by the Auburn Arts Commission. No registration is required. Wednesday, July 20, 1 p.m., Teen Library.
- Knifty Knitters: Beginning and experienced knitters and crocheters are welcome. Struggling with a problem pattern? Help is available from this group. Thursday, July 21, 6-7:45 p.m., Main Library.
- Library Closed: The Eckhart Public Library Campus will be closed for maintenance on Friday, July 22, and Saturday, July 23. The campus will reopen with regular hours on Monday, July 25.
- Register Now for “Love Between the Covers” Screening & Director Skype: Help us celebrate Read a Romance Month with a special screening of the recent documentary about writing in the romance genre. The screening will be followed by a Skype session with Producer/Writer/Director Laurie Kahn. Chocolate and fruit will be served. “Love stories are universal. Love stories are powerful. And so are the women who write them. For three years, the filmmakers follow the lives of five published romance authors and one unpublished newbie as they build their businesses, find and lose loved ones, cope with a tsunami of change in publishing, and earn a living doing what they love—while empowering others to do the same. Romance is the behemoth of the publishing industry; it outsells mystery, sci-fi, and fantasy combined. Yet no filmmaker has ever taken an honest look at the amazing global community that romance writers and readers have built. Until now.” Please register to ensure a spot by calling 925-2414 ext. 120 or emailing email@example.com. For more information, visit the website http://www.lovebetweenthecovers.com/. Saturday, August 20, 1-4:30 p.m., Close Community Room.