It’s almost the most wonderful time of the year – Eckhart Summer Read time! The library staff and volunteers are gearing up for a great summer as we go On the Move!
In fact, the first day to register for Eckhart Summer Read is Thursday, May 26. People of all ages – children, teens, and adults, as well as genealogy researchers – will receive a gift when they register (while supplies last), and then can earn incentives and chances to win grand prizes during Eckhart Summer Read, which runs through Saturday, July 16.
You can pick up your tally sheets and reading materials on Thursday, May 26, as well, and everything you read while we’re closed for the Memorial Day holiday (Friday, May 27, through Monday, May 30) counts! You can start picking up your incentives on Tuesday, May 31.
For more information, and to find out about the variety of activities we have for all ages at the library this summer, pick up an Eckhart Summer Read booklet on the Eckhart Public Library Campus or visit our website.
Here’s what’s happening at the library this week:
- Creative Writing: All writers 18 and older, no matter what genre, are encouraged to attend. Group members share their writing and participate in writing exercises. Tuesday, May 24, 6:30-8 p.m., JHG Room.
- Better Off Read Book Club: This book club will read and discuss “The Blessing Way” by Tony Hillerman. Pick up a copy of the book at the Information Desk. Thursday, May 26, 10:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m., Jeremiah’s Brewed Awakenings.
- Super Happy Fun Time – End of School Celebration and Teen Library Open House: Children in kindergarten through fourth grade will celebrate the end of the school year by making smoothies and playing games. Children finishing fifth grade will walk to the Teen Library for an open house! Come learn about the books and programs the Teen Library offers. Enjoy a snack from the snack café and an activity that teen library patrons have enjoyed in the past. Thursday, May 26, 3-3:45 p.m., Secret Garden.
- Tabletop Game Night: Come play tabletop games! Bring your favorite board game, card game, tile game, or other game, or join in a game with other people. Thursday, May 26, 6-8 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Library Closed: Eckhart Public Library Campus buildings will be closed in observance of Memorial Day on Friday, May 27 through Monday, May 30. The library will reopen with regular hours on Tuesday, May 31.
- Register now for Time-Travelers Camp: Join presenter Ryan Lengacher for a five-day camp traveling through Indiana history! This camp is open for children entering third through sixth grade. Registration is required. June 1, 2, 3, 6, & 7. Choose 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. or 1:30-3:30 p.m., Close Community Room.