The buildings of the Eckhart Public Library campus are closed for maintenance on Monday, February 29, but when March roars in, activities get rolling again – including a history presentation and an Oscar party!
- Dollar a Day Boys: Michigan based author Bill Jamerson will present a music and storytelling program about the Civilian Conservation Corps. The presentation is free and open to the public and CCC cookies and lemonade will be served. Jamerson’s program includes stories, a short video, reading excerpts from his novel and playing original songs with his guitar. Registration recommended to ensure a spot. Register at the Information Desk, by calling 925-2414 ext. 120, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Tuesday, March 1, 2-3 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Oscar Party: Join Jenny Kobiela-Mondor, KPC Media Group movie critic and Eckhart Public Library Associate Director, to talk about the Oscars! Discussions will include the best and worst dressed, winners and losers, and the Oscar nominated films. Refreshments will be served. Tuesday, March 1, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Super Happy Fun Time – Charlie’s Chapters: Both groups will explore the world of Dr. Seuss through books and fun activities. Super Happy Fun Time is for children in kindergarten through fifth grade. Thursday, March 3, 3-3:45 p.m., Children’s Department.
- Knifty Knitters: Beginning and experienced knitters and crocheters are welcome. Struggling with a problem pattern? Help is available from this group. Thursday, March 3, 6-7:45 p.m., Main Library.
- Prom Formal Wear Exchange: Need something to wear to prom this year? Come to our prom formal wear exchange and pick up something for you or your friends. There will be no charge for any of the items. Don’t have anything to exchange, don’t worry; you can still pick something out. Since our supply of formal wear will be limited, everything will be available on a first come, first serve basis. Saturday, March 5, 1-4:30 p.m., Teen Library.
- Register for Safe Sitter: Eckhart Public Library in partnership with DeKalb Health will offer a Safe Sitter course. Participants must between 11 years of age and 14 years of age. Registration is required. A registration fee of $20 provides each participant with an official Safe Sitter Handbook, and a tote. Registration deadline is Thursday, March 3. Register in the Children’s Department, by calling 925-2414 ext. 320, or by emailing email@example.com. Saturday, March 12, 10 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., Close Community Room.
Photo from Upstairs Downtown event, by Michelle Glenn Photography