Something’s missing at Eckhart Public Library? Did you notice that our beautiful, historic fountain is gone?
Don’t worry, though – we plan for it to come back soon! The fountain was disassembled on Tuesday, February 16, and driven to Alabama for renovation.
Your support will help us meet our goal of reinstalling the fountain in the library park this summer. Please follow this link to make your online donation through the Community Foundation of DeKalb County’s online giving portal, Network for Good. Be sure to designate your gift for the EPL Fountain Fund. You may also download a pledge card or see any librarian for a pledge card. Please contact us or call 260-925-2414 with any questions.
Also this week, Eckhart Public Library will have Chromebook Labs set up for DeKalb Central children completing eLearning assignments. The lab will be set up in the Close Community Room for students to work on during the DeKalb Central school district’s eLearning window next week.Hours will be 2:30-8 p.m. Monday and Tuesday; 2:30-7 p.m. Friday; and 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 27. On Wednesday and Thursday, Chromebooks will be available in the children’s department and the teen library.
Here’s what else is happening around the library campus this week:
- Registration is open for Safe Sitter. Eckhart Public Library in partnership with DeKalb Health will offer the course on Saturday, March 12, from 10 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Participants must between 11 years of age and 14 years of age. Registration is required. A registration fee of $20 provides each participant with an official Safe Sitter Handbook, and a tote. Registration deadline is Thursday, March 3.
- Creative Writing Group: All writers, no matter what genre, are encouraged to attend. Group members share their writing and participate in writing exercises. This group is for adults 18 and above. Tuesday, February 23, 6:30-8 p.m., JHG Room.
- Super Happy Fun Time – Eckhart Public Library Winter Games: Join us for our 2nd annual EPL Winter Games. Many winter games will be played, but only one champion will be crowned the winner. Super Happy Fun Time is for children in kindergarten through fifth grade. Thursday, February 25, 3-3:45 p.m., Children’s Department.
- Tabletop Game Night: On the last Thursday of each month, come play tabletop games! Bring your favorite board game, card game, tile game, or other tabletop game, or join in a game with fellow gamers. Thursday, February 25, 6-8 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Teen Game Night: The last Friday of every month is Game Day at the Teen Library! Bring a friend, and enjoy some video games or board games of your choice! Friday, February 26, 4-8 p.m., Teen Library.
- How To Write Biography: In the video How To Write Biography Professor John Philip Colletta will explore how to create life stories for your relatives. This lecture will review the process of constructing and narrating the biography of an ancestor. Call or email to register at 260-925-2414 ex. 420 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Saturday, February 27, 2-3 p.m., Learning Lab at Willennar Genealogy Center.
- Library Closed: Buildings on the Eckhart Public Library will be closed for maintenance. Monday, February 29.