Eckhart Public Library will be closed on Monday, February 15, for President’s Day, but when the campus reopens, the fun will begin again!
Here is what is happening around the library campus this week:
- Library Closed: Eckhart Public Library campus buildings will be closed in observance of President’s Day. Monday, February 15.
- Turn a Page With Anni: This book club will be reading and discussing “Defending Jacob” by William Landay. Books are available at the Information Desk at the Main Library. Wednesday, February 17, noon-1 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Better Off Read: This book club will be reading and discussing “The Astronaut Wives Club” by Lily Koppel and “The Right Stuff” by Tom Wolfe. Books are available at the Information Desk at the Main Library. Thursday, February 18, 10:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m., Jeremiah’s Brewed Awakenings.
- Super Happy Fun Time – Charlie’s Chapters: Children in kindergarten through second grade will explore biographies about flying. Children in third through fifth grades will finish reading their book. Both groups will experiment with creating paper flying machines and testing them out to see how well they fly. Super Happy Fun Time is for children in kindergarten through fifth grade. Thursday, February 18, 3-3:45 p.m.
- Knifty Knitters: Beginning and experienced knitters and crocheters are welcome. Struggling with a problem pattern? Help is available from this group! Thursday, February 18, 6-7:45 p.m., Main Library.
- Toddler Friends 1 2 3: Children ages 18 months to 3 years and their parents or caregivers are invited to join us in the Secret Garden to participate in a center based learning environment. Centers/stations are intended to help toddlers develop fine motor, large motor, and social skills. After cleaning up as a group we will come together for a story, music and finger plays based on a monthly theme. Saturday, February 20, 10:15-11 a.m., Secret Garden.
- Prom Formal Wear Exchange: Community members are encouraged to donate clean and gently used prom/formal dresses, suits or tuxedos, and any other accessories to the library for a Prom and Formal Wear Exchange for teens. Items can be dropped off at either the Main Library or the Teen Library. The exchange will be Saturday, March 5, from 1-4:30 p.m., at the Teen Library.