We’ve been making droids at Eckhart Public Library during Eckhart Winter Read, which runs through February 13.
Eckhart Winter Read continues. If you haven’t gotten signed up yet, there’s still time! During Eckhart Winter Read, children, teens, and adults can earn incentives and chances to win grand prizes for reading items checked out from the library. Anybody conducting research at the Willennar Genealogy Center: A Service of Eckhart Public Library will also earn incentives and chances to win grand prizes. More information and tally sheets are available at all public buildings on the library campus.
Here’s what’s happening around the library campus this week:
- Neon Readers Teen Book Club: We will get ready for the premiere of the Frankin Princess Ninja’s movie, which will premiere from 6-6:45. Afterwards we will talk about the books we’re reading and brainstorm ideas for our next project. Monday, February 1, 5-7 p.m.
- Neon Readers Presents – Frankin Princess Ninja’s Movie Premiere: Join us for our movie premiere. There will also be snacks, face painting, and a photo booth to kick off the premiere of the Frankin Princess Ninjas movie. Monday, February 1, 6-6:45 p.m.
- Super Happy Fun Time – Charlie’s Chapters: Children in kindergarten through second grade will explore the world of biographies. Children in third through fifth grades will begin a new book. Weather permitting, both groups will make some snow cones; if there is no snow we will make some frozen hot chocolate drinks. Super Happy Fun Time is for children in kindergarten through fifth grade. Thursday, February 4, 3-3:45 p.m.
- Puzzle It!: Create your own puzzle out of nebulae or work on one of EPL’s puzzles. All ages are welcome! Thursday, February 4, 6-7:30 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Knifty Knitters: Beginning and experienced knitters and crocheters are welcome. Struggling with a problem pattern? Help is available from this group! Thursday, February 4, 6-7:45 p.m., Main Library.
- There’s No Place Like Space: Children are welcome to explore the many corners of the galaxy both real and fictitious. All ages are welcome to participate in this drop in program, but children under 7 must be supervised. Saturday, February 6, 1-4 p.m., Secret Garden.
- Pick Up Book Club Books: Turn a Page with Anni will be discussing “Defending Jacob” by William Landay on Wednesday, February 17, at noon at Eckhart Public Library. Better Off Read will be discussing “The Astronaut Wives Club” by Lily Koppel and “The Right Stuff” by Tom Wolfe on Thursday, February 18, at 10:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. at Jeremiah’s Brewed Awakenings. Books are available at the Information Desk at the Main Library.