It’s December and time for some cozy, festive fun at Eckhart Public Library! This week, we’re making kitchen gifts on Tuesday, hosting a Charles Dickens Magic Show on Thursday, watching a Christmas movie on Saturday, and more!
We’re also running a Holiday Movie Poll! Vote in person at the library or online by clicking here. If you vote, you’ll be entered to win a holiday prize!
And, don’t forget about Food For Fines! Bring nonperishable food items to the Circulation Desk and your overdue fines will be forgiven! (Fees for lost or damaged items, collection agencies, or postage are not eligible for this program.)
Here’s what’s happening around the library campus this week:
- Neon Readers Teen Book Club: We will begin reading a new book and then we will create an entry for the Auburn Gingerbread Festival. Monday, December 7, 5-7 p.m., Teen Library.
- Kitchen Gifts: You don’t need to go far to find a unique gift. Stop by the library to make custom hot chocolate blends and dry soup mix perfect for a friend or loved one. Please register to ensure a spot by calling 925-2414 ext. 120 or emailing email@example.com. Tuesday, December 8, 6-7 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Creative Writing Group: Group members share their writing and participate in writing exercises. All writers 18 years old and older, no matter the genre, are invited to participate. Tuesday, December 8, 6:30-8 p.m., JHG Room.
- Lego Club: Children in first through fifth grades are invited to our monthly LEGO Club. Each month brings a different challenge and time for free building. Wednesday, December 9, 4-5 p.m., Secret Garden.
- ATLAS (At the Library After School) – Holiday Treats: We will be making some holiday candy to give away as presents and to eat for ourselves. ATLAS is for children in kindergarten through fifth grade. Thursday, December 10, 3-3:45 p.m., Children’s Department.
- Charles Dickens Magic Show: Perhaps no person had a bigger impact on the modern Christmas holiday than Charles Dickens and his Christmas Carol. Meet Charles Dickens and explore his world, his work, and some magic in a Victorian setting. Holiday refreshments will be served. Thursday, December 10, 1 p.m., Smith Farms Manor, 406 Smith Drive, Auburn; and 6 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Family Game Night: Stop in for some game time at the library. This drop in family program is recommended for families with children ages 3 & up. Children over age 7 through 5th grade would be welcome with or without an adult, but children under age 7 would need to be accompanied by a caregiver. Friday, December 11, 4-6 p.m., Secret Garden.
- Classic Christmas Movie: Get in the holiday spirit with the classic holiday movie “The Shop Around the Corner.” Saturday, December 12, 2 p.m., Learning Lab at Willennar Genealogy Center.