Pictured: Fun at ATLAS (At the Library After School)
It’s Thanksgiving Week! Don’t miss Eckhart Public Library in the Christmas Parade on Tuesday, November 24, at 7 p.m., in downtown Auburn.
The library campus buildings will have special holiday hours this week. Buildings will close at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, November 25, and will be closed Thursday, November 26, through Sunday, November 29. We will reopen on Monday, November 30, with regular hours.
Here’s what else is happening around the library campus this week:
- Come Write In: Eckhart Public Library invites all authors to come write in! Every Monday in November, the library will host a supportive space for writers participating or thinking about participating in National Novel Writing Month (and any other writer). Writers and aspiring writers can find a quiet space (with an electrical outlet) to work; coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and snacks; and inspiration and positivity from fellow writers. Expect informal talking points and writing games to help creativity flow around 6 p.m. Monday, November 23, 5:30-7:45 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Creative Writing Group: Group members share their writing and participate in writing exercises. All writers 18 years old and older, no matter the genre, are invited to participate. Tuesday, November 24, 6:30-8 p.m., JHG Room.
And mark your calendars and register for some of our fun December events:
- Christmas Jubilee: Join us for a Christmas Jubilee! Sharon Zonker will present an all ages program in the Close Community Room about the Underground Railroad. She will showcase some of the quilts that she made and some that she has collected over the years. Register by calling the Information Desk at 925-2414 ext. 120 or emailing email@example.com. Saturday, December 5, 2-3 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Kitchen Gifts: You don’t need to go far to find a unique gift. Stop by the library to make custom hot chocolate blends and dry soup mix perfect for a friend or loved one. Please register to ensure a spot by calling 925-2414 ext. 120 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Tuesday, December 8, 6-7 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Charles Dickens Magic Show: Perhaps no person had a bigger impact on the modern Christmas holiday than Charles Dickens and his Christmas Carol. Meet Charles Dickens and explore his world, his work, and some magic in a Victorian setting. Holiday refreshments will be served. Thursday, December 10, 1 p.m., Smith Farms Manor, 406 Smith Drive, Auburn; and 6 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Classic Christmas Movie: Get in the holiday spirit with the classic holiday movie “The Shop Around the Corner.” Saturday, December 12, 2 p.m., Learning Lab at Willennar Genealogy Center.
- Tabletop Game Night: Come play tabletop games! Bring your favorite board game, card game, tile game, or other tabletop game, or join in a game with fellow gamers. This month, we will play-test games that are perfect for Christmas gifts. Thursday, December 17, 6-8 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Santa at Eckhart Public Library: We’ve been very good this year, so Santa will be visiting Eckhart Public Library and sharing a story with everybody who wants to meet him. We will meet on the main level around the fireplace from 1-2 p.m. Children and families can also visit Santa’s workshop from 1:30-3 p.m. to make Christmas crafts for a jolly holiday. No registration is required, but the number of crafts may be limited. Saturday, December 19, 1-3:30 p.m., Main Library.
- Classic Christmas Movie: Get in the holiday spirit with a classic holiday movie “White Christmas.” Saturday, December 19, 2 p.m., Learning Lab at Willennar Genealogy Center.