We hope you are able to come to the Eckhart Public Library campus this week! There are lots of fun, educational, and interesting things happening! The photo on this post shows one of the fun things that has happened recently at the library – the Neon Readers Teen Book Club finished filming their movie, “Frankin Princess Ninjas.” We can’t wait to see it!
This week continues the Giving Thanks Silent Auction, at the main library. This annual auction, sponsored by the Friends of the Eckhart Public Library, features gift baskets created by local businesses and organizations, individuals, and library departments. The sale is open to the public, and there are some great baskets this year! Stop by and check them out! Read more about the Giving Thanks Silent Auction by clicking here.
We’re also getting ready for the holidays at Eckhart Public Library, and that means getting ready for the Downtown Auburn Business Association Christmas Parade on Tuesday, November 24! We’ll be marching as Jedis to get ready for Eckhart Winter Read, which has an outer-space theme. Sign up in the Children’s Department. Or, if you attend the parade, be sure to cheer for the library!
Here’s what else is happening around the library campus this week:
- Come Write In: Eckhart Public Library invites all authors to come write in! Every Monday in November, the library will host a supportive space for writers participating or thinking about participating in National Novel Writing Month (and any other writer). Writers and aspiring writers can find a quiet space (with an electrical outlet) to work; coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and snacks; and inspiration and positivity from fellow writers. Expect informal talking points and writing games to help creativity flow around 6 p.m. Monday, November 16, 5:30-7:45 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Turn a Page With Anni: The book club will be reading and discussing “Orphan Train” by Christina Baker Kline. Pick up a copy of the book at the Information Desk at the Main Library. Wednesday, November 18, noon to 1 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Lego Club: Children in first through fifth grades are invited to our monthly LEGO Club. Each month brings a different challenge and time for free building. Wednesday, November 18, 4-5 p.m., Secret Garden.
- Veterans Program: Join the Willennar Genealogy Center to honor some of DeKalb County’s veterans. Registration recommended by calling 925-2414 ext. 420 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Wednesday, November 18, 6-7 p.m., Learning Lab.
- ATLAS (At the Library After School) – Charlie’s Chapters: We will finish reading our book and then we will create mini caramel apples. ATLAS is for children in kindergarten through fifth grade. Thursday, November 19, 3-3:45 p.m., Children’s Department.
- Tabletop Game Night: Come play tabletop games! Bring your favorite board game, card game, tile game, or other tabletop game, or join in a game with fellow gamers. Thursday, November 19, 6-8 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Better Off Read: This book club will read and discuss “House Made of Dawn” by N. Scott Momaday. Pick up a copy of the book at the Information Desk at the Main Library. Thursday, November 19, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Jeremiah’s Brewed Awakenings.
- Knifty Knitters: Beginning and experienced knitters and crocheters are welcome. Struggling with a problem pattern? Help is available from this group. Thursday, November 19, 6-7:45 p.m., Main Library.
- Toddler Friends 1 2 3: At Toddler Friends, children ages 18 months to 3 years and their parents or caregivers are invited to join us for center-based learning. Centers/stations are developed to help toddlers develop fine motor, large motor, and social skills. After cleaning up as a group we will come together for a story, music and finger plays based on a monthly theme. Saturday, November 21, 10:15-11 a.m., Secret Garden.