It’s definitely fall at the library! Check out the beautiful colors in Library Park and around the Eckhart Public Library campus before the season turns to winter!
We’re also gearing up for the Friends of the Eckhart Public Library Giving Thanks Silent Auction! Starting Friday, be sure to stop into the Main Library to see the beautiful baskets and bid on your favorites!
Here is what is happening around the Eckhart Public Library campus this week:
- Come Write In: Eckhart Public Library invites all authors to come write in! Every Monday in November, the library will host a supportive space for writers participating or thinking about participating in National Novel Writing Month (and any other writer). Writers and aspiring writers can find a quiet space (with an electrical outlet) to work; coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and snacks; and inspiration and positivity from fellow writers. Expect informal talking points and writing games to help creativity flow around 6 p.m. Monday, November 9, 5:30-7:45 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Creative Writing Group: Group members share their writing and participate in writing exercises. All writers 18 years old and older, no matter the genre, are invited to participate. Tuesday, November 10, 6:30-8 p.m., JHG Room.
- Veterans Day Holiday: Eckhart Public Library Campus buildings will be closed on Wednesday, November 11, in observance of Veterans Day. The library campus will reopen on Thursday, November 12, with regular hours.
- ATLAS (At the Library After School) – Giving Thanks: We will make some puppy chow and then create a thankful tree filled with all the things we’re thankful for. ATLAS is for children in kindergarten through fifth grade. Thursday, November 12, 3-3:45 p.m., Children’s Department.
- Women Workers of the Auburn Automobile Company Open House: Plan to attend this open house featuring the Women Workers of the Auburn Automobile Company exhibit. This fascinating local history exhibit is on loan to the Willennar Genealogy Center by the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum. Friday, November 13, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Willennar Genealogy Center.
- Friends of the Eckhart Public Library Giving Thanks Silent Auction: Bid on beautiful gift baskets! Proceeds from the sale support library programs, services, and collections. Pick up a bidder number at the Information Desk. Friday, November 13 through Saturday, November 21, Main Library.
- Teens Celebrate World Kindness Day: It’s World Kindness Day! Stop in the Teen Library and decorate a cookie or make a card to give to someone. Friday, November 13, 4-7 p.m., Teen Library.
- Family Game Night: Stop in for some game time at the library. This drop in family program is recommended for families with children ages 3 & up. Children over age 7 through 5th grade would be welcome with or without an adult, but children under age 7 would need to be accompanied by a caregiver. Friday, November 13, 4-6 p.m., Secret Garden.
- Indiana Bigfoot Research Association: LeRoy Nail from the Indiana Bigfoot Research Association will be at Eckhart Public Library to talk about IBRO’s efforts in investigating and documenting sightings around the state. Saturday, November 14, 1-2 p.m., Close Community Room.