It’s hard to believe that it’s November already! But November is a great time to visit Eckhart Public Library – we have a lot of fun things going on!
It’s the last week to vote in our annual Pie Poll! You can vote by clicking here. Anybody can vote, but please only vote once! We will release the results on Monday, November 9, and one lucky person will win a gift certificate to Dutch Heritage Baking and Catering to buy a pie (or something else, if they choose).
Here’s what is happening at Eckhart Public Library this week:
- Neon Readers Teen Book Club: We will begin reading “Because of Winn Dixie” and then we will work on fine tuning the details of our movie. Monday, November 2, 5-7 p.m., Teen Library.
- Come Write In: Eckhart Public Library invites all authors to come write in! Every Monday in November, the library will host a supportive space for writers participating or thinking about participating in National Novel Writing Month (and any other writer). Writers and aspiring writers can find a quiet space (with an electrical outlet) to work; coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and snacks; and inspiration and positivity from fellow writers. Expect informal talking points and writing games to help creativity flow around 6 p.m. Monday, November 2, 5:30-7:45 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Women Workers of the Auburn Automobile Company Display: An exhibit on women who worked at the Auburn Automobile Company presented by The Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum will be displayed at the Willennar Genealogy Center Thursday, November 5 through Tuesday, December 29. The exhibit represents the women who worked at the Auburn Automobile Company. It features photographs as well as a quilt made from automobile upholstery by the women on the skiver line. Visit the exhibit during regular Willennar Genealogy Center hours.
- ATLAS (At the Library After School) – Charlie’s Chapters: We will begin reading a new book. Then we will create Jedi vests and Princess Leia buns for the Christmas parade. ATLAS is for children in kindergarten through fifth grade. Thursday, November 5, 3-3:45 p.m., Children’s Department.
- Knifty Knitters: Beginning and experienced knitters and crocheters are welcome. Struggling with a problem pattern? Help is available from this group. Thursday, November 5, 6-7:45 p.m., Main Library.
- Holiday Tech: ‘Tis the season to be techy. Enjoy a donut and some coffee while we talk about safety, security, and shopping online. Saturday, November 7, 10 a.m. to noon, Board Room (Upper Level).
- Pick Up Book Club Books: Pick up books for book clubs at the Information Desk at the Main Library. Turn a Page With Anni will discuss “Orphan Train” by Christina Baker Kline on Wednesday, November 18, noon to 1 p.m., in the Close Community Room. Better Off Read will discuss “House Made of Dawn” by N. Scott Momaday on Thursday, November 19, 6:30-7:30 p.m., at Jeremiah’s Brewed Awakenings in downtown Auburn.