This week is Halloween, and we have some spooky (and not-so-spooky) fun happening at the library! Come in costume, and enjoy seeing the costumes of Eckhart Public Library staff members, too!
Thursday is All Hallow’s Read, where people can trick or treat around the library campus. And on Saturday, Halloween night, we will have an after-hours showing of John Carpenter’s 1978 horror classic “Halloween”! Read about our Halloween fun by clicking here.
Also, in the spirit of fall, don’t miss our annual Pie Poll! Click here to vote for your favorite pie, and you could win a gift certificate to Dutch Heritage Baking and Catering to buy a pie (or another item).
Here is everything that is happening around the library campus this week:
- Creative Writing Group: Group members share their writing and participate in writing exercises. All writers 18 years old and older, no matter the genre, are invited to participate. Tuesday, October 27, 6:30-8 p.m., JHG Room.
- Archival and Artifact Storage: Please join Ethan Bowers and Sam Grate from the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum as they share expert tips on archival and artifact storage. Wednesday, October 28, 6 p.m., Learning Lab at Willennar Genealogy Center.
- Extraordinary Hoosiers, Part Two: Join Chelsea Molin as she shares the research being done at the Willennar Genealogy Center for our Extraordinary Hoosiers Project. This project is being funded by 2015 Library Services and Technology Act Grant. Part two covers circus founder, M. K. Houlton and Medical pioneer, Bonnell Souder. This class is offered as part of the church’s Personal Growth Class program. Register or get more information at auburnumc.church. Wednesday, October 28, 6:30 p.m., Auburn First United Methodist Church, 1203 E. Seventh St., Auburn.
- ATLAS (At the Library After School) – Movie & Popcorn: Join us for movie and freshly popped popcorn. We will vote on what movie/episode to watch. ATLAS is for children in kindergarten through fifth grade. Thursday, October 29, 3-3:45 p.m., Children’s Department.
- All Hallow’s Read: Enjoy this fun Halloween event at Eckhart Public Library! Trick or treat around the library campus, get made up like a monster, watch spooky cartoons, play games, meet some Auburn residents from years-gone-by, and more! Everybody is encouraged to dress up! Thursday, October 29, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Library Campus.
- Tabletop Game Night: On the last Thursday of each month, come play tabletop games! Bring your favorite board game, card game, tile game, or other tabletop game, or join in a game with fellow gamers. Games will have a spooky theme to celebrate Halloween. Thursday, October 29, 6-8 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Teen Game Night: The last Friday of every month is Game Day at the Teen Library! Bring a friend, and enjoy some video games or board games of your choice! Friday, October 30, 4:30-7:30 p.m., Teen Library.
- ‘Halloween’ Screening: Eckhart Public Library will celebrate Halloween! After hours on Saturday, October 31, Eckhart Public Library will be screening John Carpenter’s 1978 classic horror film “Halloween.” Guests are invited to eat popcorn, enter a drawing for a Halloween gift bag, and stay after the screening for a discussion of Halloween and its place in film history. Please note: this film is rated “R” and is recommended for mature audiences. For more information about the content, see Common Sense Media’s page: http://tinyurl.com/pwpavca and the Internet Movie Database’s entry for Halloween: http://tinyurl.com/oaskss7. Saturday, October 31, 7-10 p.m., Close Community Room. (Doors will lock at 7:15 p.m.)