Have you checked out the new painting and furniture in the Children’s Department yet? Librarians Mary and Jan have tested it out and give it a big thumbs-up! Thank you, Dekko Foundation, for your support!
Be sure to come to the lower level of the Main Library this week to check out this fun new space!
Here’s what else is going on this week at Eckhart Public Library:
- Neon Readers Teen Book Club: We will finish reading The Maze Runner by James Dashner. Then we will watch the movie and eat some popcorn. Monday, October 19, 5-7 p.m., Teen Library.
- Turn a Page with Anni: This book club will read and discuss “Saving CeeCee Honeycut” by Beth Hoffman. Pick up a copy at the Information Desk. Wednesday, October 21, noon to 1 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Friends of the Eckhart Public Library Book Sale: Friends of the Eckhart Public Library sponsor this book sale, which raises money for Eckhart Public Library events, services, and collections. The sale will feature lots of mysteries, children’s books, and holiday books. The sale is Wednesday, October 21, (Friends-Only Preview; memberships available at the door), 4-8 p.m.; Thursday, October 22, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; and Friday, October 23 ($1 per bag), 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Willennar Administrative Annex.
- Extraordinary Hoosiers, Part One: Join Chelsea Molin from the Willennar Genealogy Center as she shares the research that is being done on the Extraordinary Hoosiers Project which is funded through the Library Services and Technology Act Grant. Part one with take a look at Don Lash, an Auburn native that participated in the 1936 Olympics and Egbert Mott, the first practicing lawyer in DeKalb County. This class is offered as part of the church’s Personal Growth Class program. Register or get more information at auburnumc.church. Wednesday, October 21, 6:30 p.m., Auburn First United Methodist Church, 1203 E. Seventh St., Auburn.
- ATLAS (At the Library After School) – Bats Alive!: We will read Stellaluna, create a large bat cave and play some batty games. ATLAS is for children in kindergarten through fifth grade. Thursday, October 22, 3-3:45 p.m., Children’s Department.