Have you signed up for a library card yet? Don’t forget that September is National Library Card Sign-Up Month! Everybody who signs up for a library card in September will receive a sticker and an Eckhart Public Library bracelet. They also will earn a chance to win a Welcome to Eckhart Public Library prize pack. Stop in to the library to find out what library card you qualify for!
Here’s what else is happening at Eckhart Public Library this week:
- Teen Cooking Creations: We’ll roast some marshmallows on the grill. Then we’ll create some s’mores using a variety of chocolates. Tuesday, September 15, 4:30-5:30 p.m., Teen Library.
- Turn a Page with Anni Book Club: This book club will read and discuss “Kitchen House” by Kathleen Grissom. Wednesday, September 16, noon to 1 p.m., JHG Room.
- The Voice of Indiana’s 44th Regiment – Battles & Provost Duty: Margaret Hobson will be presenting a program on her third book The voice of Indiana’s 44th Regiment Part 3: Battles and Provost Duty. Hobson’s book follows Indiana’s 44th Regiment, which served in the Civil War. Registration recommended; call 925-2414 ext. 420 or email email@example.com to register. Wednesday, September 16, 6-7 p.m., Learning Lab at Willennar Genealogy Center.
- Constitution Day: Celebrate Constitution Day. Stop into the Main Library and pick up a pocket copy of the Constitution of the United States of America. Answer a trivia question for a chance to win an American history prize pack. Thursday, September 17, 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Main Library.
- ATLAS (At the Library After School) Charlie’s Chapters – Ready, Camera, Action!: We will create some short story videos using costumes, puppets and props. ATLAS is a weekly after-school program for children in kindergarten through fifth grade. For more information, contact the Children’s Department at 260-925-2414 ext. 320 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thursday, September 17, 3-3:45 p.m., Children’s Department.
- Knifty Knitters: Beginning and experienced knitters and crocheters are welcome. Struggling with a problem pattern? Help is available from this group. Thursday, September 17, 6-7:45 p.m., Main Library.
- Better Off Read Book Club: This book club will read and discuss “Gilead” by Marylynne Robinson. Pick up a copy of the book at the Information Desk at the Main Library. Thursday, September 17, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Jeremiah’s Brewed Awakenings.
- Read an eBook Day: Join in this national celebration of e-books on September 18 by exploring Eckhart Public Library’s e-book collection at nidl.lib.overdrive.com. Share your love for e-books on social media with the hashtag #eBookLove, or tell your story at ReadAneBookDay.com. Need help getting connected? Speak to an Eckhart Public Library staff member. Friday, September 18.
- Toddler Friends 1 2 3: At Toddler Friends, children ages 18 months to 3 years, with their parents or caregivers, are invited to join us in the secret garden to participate in center based learning environment. Centers/stations are developed to help toddlers develop fine motor, large motor, and social skills. After cleaning up as a group we will come together for a story, music and finger plays based on a monthly theme. Toddler Friends 1 2 3 is on the third Saturday of the month in September through May. Register by calling the Children’s Department at 925-2414 ext. 320 or emailing email@example.com. Saturday, September 19, 10:15-11 a.m.