Summer is turning into a fall, and it’s a perfect time to spend time in Library Park! Enjoy reading, browsing the internet (there is wi-fi in the park!), or just enjoying the outdoors!
Don’t forget, September is National Library Card Sign-Up Month! Everybody who signs up for a library card in September will receive a sticker and an Eckhart Public Library bracelet. They also will earn a chance to win a Welcome to Eckhart Public Library prize pack. Stop in to the library to find out what library card you qualify for! Read more about National Library Card Sign-Up Month by clicking here.
Do you like reading and sharing your opinion? Eckhart Public Library has the group for you! We have two monthly book clubs for adults! Pick up book club books at the Information Desk at the Main Library!
- Turn a Page With Anni will discuss “Kitchen House” by Kathleen Grissom on Wednesday, September 16, at noon at the Main Library.
- Better Off Read will discuss “Gilead” by Marylynne Robinson on Thursday, September 17, at 6:30 p.m. at Jeremiah’s Brewed Awakenings.
Here’s what else is happening at Eckhart Public Library this week:
- Chocolate Milkshakes For All: Teens will celebrate Chocolate Milk Shake Day by creating our own delicious shakes. Tuesday, September 8, 4:30-5:30 p.m., Teen Library.
- Creative Writing Group: All writers, no matter what genre, are encouraged to attend. Group members share their writing and participate in writing exercises. This group is for adults 18 and above. Tuesday, September 8, 6:30-8 p.m., JHG Room.
- Tax Amnesty Day: A representative from the Indiana Department of Revenue (INDOR) will be at Eckhart Public Library to talk about Tax Amnesty 2015. According to INDOR, ʺfrom Sept. 15, 2015 through Nov. 16, 2015, the department will offer Tax Amnesty 2015, a limited-time opportunity for taxpayers to pay past-due taxes free of penalty, interest, and collection fees. More than 260,000 individual and business taxpayers in Indiana will qualify for this program.ʺ For more information, see the INDOR’s website, http://www.in.gov/dor/amnesty/. Thursday, September 10, 1-2 p.m., Close Community Room.
- ATLAS (At the Library After School) – Let’s Make a County Fair Entry: We’ll work together on creating an entry for the DeKalb County Free Fall Fair. To help us get in the fair mood there will be cotton candy. ATLAS is a weekly after-school program for children in kindergarten through fifth grade. For more information, contact the Children’s Department at 260-925-2414 ext. 320 or email@example.com. Thursday, September 10, 3-3:45 p.m., Children’s Department.
- Family Game Night: Stop in for some game time at the library! This drop in family program is recommended for families with children ages 3 & up. Children over age 7 through 5th grade would be welcome with or without an adult, but children under age 7 would need to be accompanied by a caregiver. Friday, September 11, 4-6 p.m., Secret Garden.