Are you following Eckhart Public Library on Instagram? The photo above is from the Teen Library Instagram account, which you can access by clicking here. We also have a Main Library account, which features photos from a variety of activities across the campus and beyond! Click here to access it. And we love to see pictures of people at the library or reading library books, so be sure to tag us!
Here’s what’s happening around Eckhart Public Library this week:
- Read a Romance Month: The month of August is dedicated to reading romance! Everybody who reads a romance novel from Eckhart Public Library in the month of August can receive a Read a Romance Month button and enter in a drawing to win an Eckhart Public Library romance prize pack. We are also holding a weekly Romance Cover Caption Contest on Facebook and Instagram.
- Creative Writing Group: All writers 18 and older, no matter what genre, are welcome in this group. Group members share their writing and participate in writing exercises. Tuesday, August 25, 6:30-8 p.m., JHG Room.
- Romance Book Chat: Talk about romance novels! Read a romance—any romance!—and discuss it, and the genre, with other readers. Refreshments will be served. Tuesday, August 25, 6:30-8 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Tabletop Game Night: Come play games at the library! We will learn how to play 7 Wonders and Settlers of Catan. Other games will be available to play as well. Thursday, August 27, 6-8 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Teen Game Night: Join us for Game Night at the Teen Library. Bring a friend and enjoy video games or board games of your choice. Friday, August 28, 4:30-7:30 p.m.
- Register for Storytime Enrichment Classes: Registration is open for Storytime Enrichment Classes! Classes are for children from birth through 6 years old and begin in September. Eckhart Public Library is proud to offer Storytime Enrichment Classes for the children and families in our community at no cost to them. All families are welcome, and no library card is needed to attend these classes. The library offers weekly classes at several times during the week. Visitors are always welcome. Register by calling the Children’s Department at 925-2414 ext. 320.