There are a lot of fun things going on around the Eckhart Public Library Campus this week! And don’t forget to get signed up for upcoming classes:
- Storytime Enrichment Classes: Registration is open for Storytime Enrichment Classes! Classes are for children from birth through 6 years old and begin in September. Eckhart Public Library is proud to offer Storytime Enrichment Classes for the children and families in our community at no cost to them. All families are welcome, and no library card is needed to attend these classes. The library offers weekly classes at several times during the week. Visitors are always welcome. Register by calling the Children’s Department at 925-2414 ext. 320.
- Safe Sitter: Eckhart Public Library, in partnership with DeKalb Health, will offer a Safe Sitter class for children age 11-14 on Saturday, September 12, from 10 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Safe Sitter curriculum provides hands-on practice in lifesaving techniques designed to prepare babysitters to act in an emergency. Babysitters also receive instruction on how a child’s age affects how to care for them, how to prevent problem behavior and how to run their own babysitting business. They also learn basic first aid as well as how to perform infant and child choking rescue. The course costs $20 and registration is limited. To register, visit the Children’s Department or call 925-2414 ext. 320.
Here’s what’s going on this week:
- Read a Romance Month: The month of August is dedicated to reading romance! Everybody who reads a romance novel from Eckhart Public Library in the month of August can enter in a drawing to win an Eckhart Public Library romance prize pack. We will also have several romance-related events, and a weekly Romance Cover Caption Contest on Facebook.
- Neon Readers Teen Book Club: We’ll make a list of books we’d like to read, play some games and eat some snacks. Monday, August 17, 5-7 p.m., Teen Library.
- Green Cleaning: As summer ends, get your house clean and stay green while doing it! Come learn eco-friendly, efficient, inexpensive housekeeping methods at one of our two sessions. Register by calling 925-2414 ext. 120 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Tuesday, August 18, noon to 1 p.m. and 6-7 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Turn a Page With Anni Book Club: This book club will discuss “Things Remembered” by Georgia Bockoven. Pick up a copy of the book at the Information Desk at the Main Library. Wednesday, August 19, noon to 1 p.m., JHG Room.
- Knifty Knitters: Beginning and experienced knitters and crocheters are welcome. Struggling with a problem pattern? Help is available for this group. Thursday, August 20, 6-7:45 p.m., Main Library.
- Auburn Community Band Concert: Stop by the Library Park to hear the Auburn Community Band play! Thursday, August 20, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Library Park.
- Better Off Read Book Club: This book club will discuss “Working” by Studs Terkel. Pick up a copy of the book at the Information Desk at the Main Library. Thursday, August 20, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Jeremiah’s Brewed Awakenings.