Eckhart Summer Read is over, and we want to thank everybody for the fun! We’re still finishing our final tabulations, but it’s looking like nearly 800 people participated this summer!
But even though Eckhart Summer Read 2015 is now just a fond memory, there are still great things happening around the Eckhart Public Library campus this week. Check out what is going on:
- Teen Super Gardeners: Stop by the teen library this summer to help out with the Not-So-Secret Garden. Adopt a vegetable/fruit or a row of vegetables/fruit to take care of. Sign up to water the plants each week from the rain in the rain barrels. We will create delicious snacks out of the fruits and vegetables as they ripen all summer long. Tuesday, July 14, 1-2 p.m., Teen Library.
- Maximizing Social Security Benefits: This seminar, by Mark Troyer of Never Lose Financial, will teach you strategies to maximize your social security benefits. Find out how Social Security is calculated, how to time your application, and how to coordinate benefits with your spouse efficiently. Registration is required. Register by calling 925-2414 ext. 120, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or visiting the Information Desk at the Main Library. Tuesday, July 14, 6-7:30 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Creative Writing Group: All writers, no matter what genre, are encouraged to attend. Group members share their writing and participate in writing exercises. This group is for adults 18 and above. Tuesday, July 14, 6:30-8 p.m., JHG Room.
- Turn a Page With Anni: This book club will discuss “The Sweetness of Forgetting” by Kristin Harmel. Pick up a copy of the book at the Information Desk. Wednesday, July 15, noon to 1 p.m., JHG Room.
- Super Summer Stories on the Lawn – Heroes Make Us Feel Better: Join us for this fun family storytime. Dr. Trina Chapman-Smith will be our special guest. Bring a blanket to sit on. Wednesday, July 15, 6-6:45 p.m., Library Park.
- Knifty Knitters: Beginning and experienced knitters are welcome. Crocheters are also welcome to attend. Struggling with a problem pattern? Help is available from this group. Thursday, July 16, 6-7:45 p.m., Main Library.
- Better Off Read: This book club will read “Ordinary People” by Judith Guest. Pick up a copy of the book at the Information Desk. Thursday, July 16, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Jeremiah’s Brewed Awakenings.