You still have a little bit of time to sign up for Eckhart Summer Read! You can earn prizes and chances at grand prizes for reading items checked out from Eckhart Public Library up until 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, July 11! Stop in to get signed up!
This week, we will be closed on Friday, July 3, and Saturday, July 4, in observance of Independence Day. We’ll reopen on Monday, July 6, from We hope everybody has a wonderful and safe holiday! While we’re closed, you can still check out books from our virtual branch. All you need is your library card number, a PIN number, and an Internet connection. If you don’t have a PIN, visit the library before we close to get one set up!
Here’s what is happening around the library campus this week:
- Toddler Friends 1 2 3—Super Foods: Children 18 months to three years old and their parents/caregivers come together to participate in an interactive learning environment. Monday, June 29, 10:15-11 a.m., Library Park.
- Teen Movie: Come pick a movie to watch at the Teen Library. Monday, June 29, 4 p.m., Teen Library.
- Preschool Super Summer Crafts: Super crafts for children kindergarten-aged and younger. Parents need to stay with their preschoolers. Required registration begins June 25; register by calling 925-2414 ext. 320. Tuesday, June 30, 10:30-11:15, Secret Garden.
- Teen Super Gardeners: Stop by the teen library this summer to help out with the Not-So-Secret Garden. Adopt a vegetable/fruit or a row of vegetables/fruit to take care of. Sign up to water the plants each week from the rain in the rain barrels. Tuesday, June 30, 1-2 p.m., Teen Library.
- Literary Heroes: Who’s your hero? Join Eckhart Public Library in welcoming Manchester University English professor Dr. Jonathan Watson for a talk about heroes and villains in literature. Refreshments will be served. Tuesday, June 30, 6:30-8 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Super Summer Stories on the Lawn—Real American Heroes: Our special guest will be veteran Richard Pickard. Families are invited to this fun outdoor storytime. Bring a blanket to sit on. Wednesday, July 1, 6-6:45 p.m., Library Park.
- Summer Family Program – Magic with Mr. Jim: Prepare to be amazed! Thursday, July 2, 10:15 a.m., Library Park.
- Knifty Knitters: Beginning and experienced knitters & crocheters are welcome. Help is available from this group. Thursday, July 2, 6-7:45 p.m., Main Library.