We’ve been having a great time at Eckhart Summer Read! We have well over 500 people signed up to read and receive prizes, but there is still plenty of time to sign up before Eckhart Summer Read ends on July 11. Visit the library today to register and start receiving prizes for reading items from Eckhart Public Library.
We’ve also had a lot of wonderful events. The picture above shows a special visit from some of our hometown heroes at Super Summer Stories in the Park on Wednesdays from 6-6:45 p.m. It was a great evening!
We hope you can join us for some of the many great things happening this week around the Eckhart Public Library Campus. No matter what you’re into – books, movies, games, crafts, and more – there’s something to do at Eckhart Public Library this week!
- Toddler Friends 1 2 3—Heroes In My Books: Children 18 months to three years old and their parents/caregivers come together to participate in an interactive learning environment. Monday, June 15, 10:15-11 a.m., Library Park.
- Teen Movie: Come pick a movie to watch at the Teen Library. Monday, June 15, 4 p.m., Teen Library.
- Preschool Super Summer Crafts: Super crafts for children kindergarten-aged and younger. Parents need to stay with their preschoolers. Required registration begins June 4; register by calling 925-2414 ext. 320. Tuesday, June 16, 10:30-11:15, Secret Garden.
- Super Jewelry: Make jewelry and other accessories befitting a super hero (or villain, if you prefer) using resin, rolled paper beads, and crochet. Materials will be provided. Registration recommended by calling 925-2414 ext. 120, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or visiting epl.lib.in.us and clicking on “Calendar.” Tuesday, June 16, 12-1:30 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Teen Super Gardeners: Stop by the teen library this summer to help out with the Not-So-Secret Garden. Adopt a vegetable/fruit or a row of vegetables/fruit to take care of. Sign up to water the plants each week from the rain in the rain barrels. Tuesday, June 16, 1-2 p.m., Teen Library.
- Superhero Movie Night: Eckhart Public Library Associate Director and KPC Media Group Movie Reviewer presents Disney/Pixar’s “The Incredibles.” Watch the movie and stay for a short discussion afterward. Bring a bagged dinner for an indoor picnic; popcorn and super-punch will be served. Tuesday, June 16, 5-8 p.m., Close Community Room.
- 21st Century Scholar Open House: Join us for an opportunity to sign up for 21st Century Scholars Program. All Current 21st Century Scholars and families who wish to sign up for the program are invited. Students must sign up for the program in the 7th or 8th grade and the deadline to apply is June 30th of 8th grade. Current 21st Century Scholars are encouraged to attend and complete requirements for the Scholar Success Program and learn about new updates and changes with the program. Pizza and drinks will be provided. This open house is hosted by The Teen Library: A Service of Eckhart Public Library and sponsored by 21st Century Scholars and the Auburn Career Success Coalition. Tuesday, June 16, 6-8 p.m., Teen Library.
- Turn a Page with Anni: This book club will discuss “Quaker Café” by Brenda Bevan Remmes. Wednesday, June 17, noon to 1 p.m., JHG Room.
- Super Summer Stories on the Lawn—Heroes to the Rescue: Families are invited to this fun outdoor storytime. Bring a blanket to sit on. Wednesday, June 17, 6-6:45 p.m., Library Park.
- Better Off Read: This book club will discuss “Wolf in White Van” by John Darnielle. Thursday, June 18, 6:30-8 p.m., Jeremiah’s Brewed Awakenings.
- Summer Family Program – Steven’s Puppets: Enjoy a live puppet show in Library Park! Thursday, June 18, 10:15 a.m., Library Park.
- Superhero Camp – Superhero Gear: Children in kindergarten through fifth grade will create our very own superheroes from the ground up. Each week we will learn new superhero/villain skills, create costumes, and come up with back-stories. No registration required. Friday, June 19, 11-noon, Secret Garden.
- Quidditch: Muggles are invited to play the game from Harry Potter. This is a contact sport for children and teens of all ages. Contact the Teen Library at 925-2414 ext. 620 or email@example.com for more information. A parent or guardian must sign a permission slip and hold harmless form for minors to participate. Friday, June 19, 6-7 p.m., Eckhart Park.
- Tabletop Game Day: Come play tabletop games! Bring your favorite board game, card game, tile game, or other tabletop game, or join in with fellow gamers. Saturday, June 20, 2-5 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Reggie Berg in Concert: Enjoy DeKalb High School graduate Reggie Berg in concert. Bring a lawn chair or a blanket and relax to solo piano music. Sunday, June 21, 12:30-1:30 p.m., Library Park.