It’s National Library Week! National Library Week is a time to celebrate the contributions of our nation’s libraries and librarians and to promote library use and support. Be sure to visit this week! And, keep an eye on Charlie Chat and social media for National Library Week fun!
One thing new for National Library Week – a new Instagram account! Check it out here! We will be posting fun pictures, and we want to see your library pictures! Post a “shelfie” (a picture of you with a shelf of books) or other pictures of the fun you have at Eckhart Public Library. Use the hashtag #NLW15 and tag Eckhart Public Library in your pictures! The Teen Library also has an Instagram account; click here.
Here’s what’s happening around the Eckhart Public Library campus this week:
- National Library Week – Eckhart Public Library Behind the Scenes Tour: There’s more to the Eckhart Public Library campus than meets the eye! This walking tour will visit all four buildings on the Eckhart Public Library campus, and allow you to see things our staff members do to keep the library running smoothly. This tour will include walking and stair-climbing. Monday, April 13, 6-7:30 p.m. Meet in the Close Community Room. Register by calling 925-2414 ext. 120 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Eckhart Public Library Board of Trustees: The board of trustees will conduct its monthly meeting. The meeting is open to the public. Tuesday, April 14, 6 p.m., Willennar Genealogy Center.
- Creative Writing: All writers, no matter what genre, are encouraged to attend. Group members share their writing and participate in writing exercises. This group is for adults 18 and above. Tuesday, April 14, 6:30-8 p.m., JHG Room.
- Turn a Page with Anni: This book club will read and discuss “Where the Heart Is” by Billie Letts. Pick up a copy of the book at the Information Desk at the Main Library. Wednesday, April 15, noon to 1 p.m., JHG Room.
- Senior Expo: Visit Eckhart Public Library at the DeKalb County Senior Expo and Adult Health Fair at the National Military History Center. Library staff will have information about services for seniors, and a library prize pack will be given away. Thursday, April 16, 8 a.m.-1 p.m., National Military History Center.
- ATLAS – Charlie’s Chapters: Children in kindergarten through fifth grade will finish reading “The Graveyard Book v.1” by Neil Gaiman. Then we will create some ghosts out of recycled materials. Thursday, April 16, 3-3:45 p.m., Secret Garden.
- Knifty Knitters: Beginning and experienced knitters are welcome. Struggling with a problem pattern? Crocheters are also welcome to attend. Help is available from this group. Thursday, April 16, 6-7:45 p.m., Main Library.
- National Library Week – Teen Library Open House: Celebrate Teen Literature Day at The Teen Library. Adults are invited to stop in and see what the teen library has to offer. Find a teen book to read. Light refreshments will be served. Thursday, April 16, 6-7:30 p.m., Teen Library.
- Better Off Read: This book club will read and discuss “A Good Man is Hard to Find” by Flannery O’Connor. Pick up a copy of the book at the Information Desk at the Main Library. Thursday, April 16, 6:30 p.m., Jeremiah’s Brewed Awakenings.