Happy Valentine’s Day this week! We have a lot of events this week related to the holiday, because we love our patrons!
If you want Eckhart Public Library to be your Valentine this year, don’t miss the Love Your Library Book Sale, held by the Friends of the Eckhart Public Library. The sale is February 11-13 at the Willennar Administrative Annex, on Twelfth Street across from the historic Main Library building. Selections include books, including large coffee table books; DVDs; audiobooks; and more! Every Friends of the Eckhart Public Library 2015 membership will be added to a drawing to win a box of chocolate, and everybody who makes a purchase during the three-day sale will be able to enter into a drawing to win a box of candy. Proceeds from the book sale help support Eckhart Public Library events, services, and collections. Hours of the sale are: Wednesday, February 11, 4-8 p.m. (Exclusive Friends-Only sale; memberships available at the door); Thursday, February 12, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Friday, February 13, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. ($1 per bag sale).
Also, please note that the library campus will be closed on Monday, February 16, in honor of President’s Day. The campus will reopen on Tuesday, February 17.
Here’s what else is happening at Eckhart Public Library this week:
- Eckhart Winter Read and Eckhart Winter Research: Children, teens, and adults can earn prizes when they read items checked out from Eckhart Public Library! Plus, genealogy, family history, and local history researchers can participate in the Eckhart Winter Research at the Willennar Genealogy Center and earn prizes for researching! Runs through February 14. Visit Eckhart Public Library to pick up a tally sheet.
- Book Speed Dating: Afraid to go on a blind date with a book, but still trying to find your literary love? Come to Book Speed Dating! You will get a chance to get to know a lot of different books in a short amount of time. At the end of the night, you’ll get to go home and curl up with your favorite find of the night! Monday, February 9, 6-7 p.m., Close Community Room. Read more by clicking here.
- Teen Cooking-Will It Waffle?: Explore the wonders of cooking with a waffle maker. We will waffle an assortment of delicious creations. Waffle makers and food items will be supplied. Tuesday, February 10, 4:30-6 p.m., Teen Library.
- Creative Writing: All writers, no matter what genre, are encouraged to attend. Group members share their writing and participate in writing exercises. This group is for adults 18 and above. Tuesday, February 10, 6:30-8 p.m., JHG Room.
- LEGO Club: Children in first through fifth grades are invited to join us for LEGO Club! Attendees will be faced with a Lego challenge, then have time for building creations of their own. Wednesday, February 11, 4-5 p.m., Secret Garden.
- ATLAS – Happy Valentine’s Day: Come made some homemade Valentine’s cards and treats for your friends and family. Thursday, February 12, 3-3:45 p.m., Secret Garden.
- Better Off Read: This book club will discuss “Short Girls” by Bich Minh Nguyen. Thursday, February 12, 6:30 p.m., Jeremiah’s Brewed Awakenings.
- Family Game Night: Stop in for some game time at the library! This event is recommended for families age three and older. Children older than 7 through fifth grade are welcome with or without an adult. Friday, February 13, 4-6 p.m., Secret Garden.
- DeKalb County Love Stories: Bring your sweetie to this Valentine’s Day event! You’ll get stories of past DeKalb County loves and chocolates to share with the love of your life. Saturday, February 14, 2-3 p.m., Learning Lab at Willennar Genealogy Center.