Brrr! It’s sure been chilly! Isn’t it a great time to snuggle up with a good book, audiobook, e-book, or magazine? And, if you do, you can earn prizes during Eckhart Winter Read! When you read items checked out from Eckhart Public Library through February 14, you can earn prizes! Plus, genealogy & local history researchers can earn prizes for doing research during Eckhart Winter Research. Read more about this fun event here.
Here’s what else is happening at Eckhart Public Library this week:
- Mixology for Teens: Join us for some interesting mixed up creations. We will mix together a variety of sodas and candies to create unique beverages. Tuesday, January 13, 4:30-6 p.m., Teen Library.
- Creative Writing: Writers and aspiring writers 18 and older are invited to this writer “support group.” Participants are given a writing exercise, and then discuss somebody’s work. Tuesday, January 13, 6:30-8 p.m., JHG Room.
- LEGO Club: Students in grades 1 -5 are invited to join us once a month for Lego Club! Programs are on the second Wednesday of each month 4-5 p.m. in the Secret Garden. Each month attendees will be faced with a Lego challenge, then have time for building creations of their own! Wednesday, January 14, 4-5 p.m., Secret Garden.
- ATLAS-Charlie’s Chapters: We will take a close look at the picture books that have been published this past year. This is our chance to recognize outstanding artistic merit in a children’s book and try to predict what book will win the Caldecott award this year. Thursday, January 15, 3-3:45 p.m., Secret Garden.
- Doughnuts and Devices: Drop in for coffee, hot chocolate and doughnuts as you learn all the bells and whistles of that new e-reader you were gifted last year (or the year before that). Learn about EPL’s downloadable content and online services, and how you can make the most of both your library card and digital device. Saturday, January 17, 10 a.m. to noon, Close Community Room.
Also, please note that the Eckhart Public Library campus will be closed on Monday, January 19, in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. The campus will reopen with regular hours on Tuesday, January 20. (You can always download items from OverDrive, even when we’re closed, with your library card and PIN by clicking here.)