It’s getting festive around Eckhart Public Library! Don’t forget that you can give back to the community at Eckhart Public Library with Fine Amnesty, Giving Tree, and Teen Clothing Bank. Read more by clicking here.
We will have holiday hours around Christmas and New Year’s. Here are our hours:
- Tuesday, December 23: Closing at 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 24 through Friday, December 26: Closed.
- Saturday, December 27: Open normal hours.
- Wednesday, December 31: Closing at 5 p.m.
- Thursday, January 1 through Friday, January 2: Closed.
- Saturday, January 3: Open normal hours.
- During DeKalb Central School’s winter break, on weekdays when the Eckhart Public Library Campus is open, The Teen Library will open at noon. The Teen Library will open at noon on the following weekdays: Tuesday, December 22; Wednesday, December 23; and Monday, December 29 through Wednesday, December 31.
Enjoy the run-up to the holidays with these great events around the Eckhart Public Library campus:
- Get Covered!: CANI will be at Eckhart Public Library for free help on applying for health insurance. If you have questions about healthcare laws, insurance benefits, and the application process, stop by and ask! There will be computers available and assistance if you would like to sign apply for insurance at this time. Applicants need to bring a photo ID, immigration documents, social security numbers, income information current insurance information, and an email address. Monday, December 15, 1-4 p.m., Close Community Room at Main Library.
- Neon Readers Teen Book Club: The Neon Readers will finish reading The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness. We will discuss the book and then we will create holiday wreathes out of recycled books. Monday, December 15, 5-7 p.m., Teen Library.
- Homemade Gifts: Teens can make gifts to give for the holidays including ornaments and picture frames from repurposed books, and aromatherapy bath salt. Tuesday, December 16, 4:30-6:30 p.m., Teen Library.
- Turn a Page With Anni: This book club will discuss “The Christmas Sweater” by Glenn Beck. Wednesday, December 17, noon to 1 p.m., JHG Room at Main Library.
- Cookies & Cocoa Presentation – Rolly Muhn: Get ready for Christmas with cookies and cocoa, and hear the inspirational story of Auburn’s own Santa, Rolly Muhn. Wednesday, December 17, 6-7:30 p.m., Learning Lab at Willennar Genealogy Center.
- ATLAS – Charlie’s Chapters: Students in kindergarten through second grade will read a Christmas-themed story. Students in third through fifth grades will talk about the Christmas book they’ve read and what they liked or disliked. Both groups will celebrate the holidays with a Christmas party. Thursday, December 18, Secret Garden at Main Library.
- Knifty Knitters: Knitters and crocheters of any age are welcome. Struggling with a problem pattern? Help is available. Thursday, December 18, 6-7:45 p.m., Close Community Room at Main Library.
- Game Night: Bring a friend to the Teen Library and enjoy some video games or board games of your choice! Friday, December 19, 4-8 p.m., Teen Library.