It’s almost mid-November! Friday starts the Friends of the Eckhart Public Library Giving Thanks Silent Auction. You can come to the library and bid on baskets that are perfect for Christmas gifts or for your own use. Bidding ends November 22. Watch Charlie Chat for more information this week!
Eckhart Public Library will be closed on Tuesday, November 11, in observance of Veterans Day. The campus will reopen with regular hours on Wednesday. When we’re closed, you can get 24/7 access to e-books and e-audiobooks via OverDrive. All you need is a library card and a PIN. If you don’t have your PIN set up, come in to the main library and we’ll get one set up for you!
Here’s what else is happening this week:
- National Novel Writing Month: Writers working on their novels during National Novel Writing Month can find a great writing space at Eckhart Public Library. Computers are available to cardholders; guest passes can be obtained for non-cardholders with a photo ID. Cardholders can also check out a laptop to use in the library. Or, anyone can bring their laptop, tablet, or other device and use the library’s campus-wide Wi-Fi! For more information about technology at Eckhart Public Library, speak with a staff member, call 925-2414 ext. 120, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lego Club: Children in grades 1-5 are invited to join Lego Club! Each month, they will be faced with a Lego challenge, then have time to build creations of their own. Wednesday, November 12, 4-5 p.m., Secret Garden at Main Library.
- ATLAS (At The Library After School): Decorate a Christmas Present Costume. We will cover the Christmas present costumes we made last month with wrapping paper and ribbons. Then they will be ready for the Auburn Christmas Parade on November 25. Snacks will be served to all hardworking decorators. Thursday, November 13, 3-3:45 p.m., Children’s Department.
- Better Off Read: This book club is for people who read widely and think freely. This month, we will read “The End of the Affair” by Graham Greene. Thursday, November 13, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Jeremiah’s Brewed Awakenings.
- A Colonial Christmas Celebration: Girls in third grade and older can sign up now for an afternoon of food, crafts, and entertainment. Space is limited! Call the children’s department at 925-2414 ext. 320 to register. Saturday, December 6, 2-4 p.m.
- Turn a Page With Anni: Get your book for Turn a Page With Anni. This month, we are reading “How to Bake a Perfect Life” by Barbara O’Neal; we will discuss it on Wednesday, November 19, at noon. Visit the Information Desk to pick up your copy of the book.