The weather is getting chillier, which means it’s a perfect time to curl up with a book, audiobook, DVD, CD, or other item checked out from Eckhart Public Library! Plus, it’s not too cold to get out to come to the great events planned for this week around the Eckhart Public Library campus! Here’s what’s happening this week:
- Lunch Bunch: Spend an hour talking about genealogy and local history with fellow researchers and Willennar Genealogy Center staff. Bring your brown bag lunch! Tuesday, October 7, noon to 1 p.m., Learning Lab at the Willennar Genealogy Center.
- Lego Club: Lego club begins this week! Children in grades 1-5 will be faced with a Lego challenge, then have time to build creations of their own. Lego Club meets on the second Wednesday of every month from October to March from 4-5 p.m. Wednesday, October 8, 4-5 p.m., Secret Garden and Secret Garden Craft Room at the Main Library.
- ATLAS (At the Library After School) – Design a Christmas Present Costume: Children in kindergarten through fifth grade can design large, winter-themed, Christmas boxes that will be used for the Auburn Christmas Parade in November. Thursday, October 9, 3-3:45 p.m., Close Community Room at the Main Library.
- Author Talk & Book Signing: Joe and T’Gracie Reese, authors of the Nina Bannister cozy mystery series, will visit Eckhart Public Library. They will read a selection from their novels, answer questions about writing, and sell and sign books. Thursday, October 9, 6:30-8 p.m., Close Community Room at the Main Library. Read more about the visit by clicking here.
- Better Off Read: This book club, for people who read widely and think freely, will discuss “Good Lord Bird” by James McBride. Thursday, October 9, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Jeremiah’s Brewed Awakenings.
- Family History Month Open House: Get inspired to save and share your own family history. This open house, as part of Family History Month, will honor John Martin Smith and the collection his family has loaned to the library to digitize. It will also showcase ways to research, save, and share your own family history. Historian Dr. David Vanderstel will be our special guest speaker at 1 p.m. Refreshments will be served. Saturday, October 11, noon to 4 p.m., Willennar Genealogy Center. Read more about the open house by clicking here.
And don’t forget: Monday, October 13 is Columbus Day, and the Eckhart Public Library campus will be closed!