It’s hard to believe that it’s September already! Before we know it, the leaves will be turning colors and we’ll be getting our hats and mittens out!
Here’s what happening at Eckhart Public Library the first week of September:
- Lunch Bunch: Bring your brown bag lunch and discuss genealogy and local history with staff of the Willennar Genealogy Center. Tuesday, September 2, noon to 1 p.m., Learning Lab at Willennar Genealogy Center.
- Creative Writing: Writers 18 and older can share writing and get feedback. Participants participate in a writing exercise and discuss their work. Thursday, September 4, 10:15-11:45 a.m., JHG Room at Main Library.
- ATLAS: ATLAS (At the Library After School) begins on Thursday, September 4! ATLAS meets every Thursday from 3-3:45 p.m. This week, children in kindergarten through second grade will meet in the Secret Garden Craft Room, and children in third through fifth grades will meet in the Secret Garden Storytime Room.
- Knifty Knitters: Knitters and crocheters of all levels are invited to stitch the evening away and get help with problem patterns. Thursday, September 4, 6-7:45 p.m., Close Community Room at Main Library.
- Spots are still available for children’s activities! Sign up by calling the Children’s Department at 925-2414 ext. 320. There are still open spots in several classes that start this week:
- Wee Reads – Children 12-24 months old and their caregivers participate in this weekly 20 minute class, which includes books, songs, action rhymes, and fingerplays which are planned to follow the theme of the unit. Each session ends with blowing bubbles. Spots are still available on Tuesdays at 10:15 and 11 a.m.
- Toddler Friends 1 2 3 – Children 18 months to 3 years old and their caregivers come together once a month for center-based learning. Stations are developed to help toddlers develop fine motor, large motor, and social skills. After cleaning up as a group, children participate in a story, music and fingerplays based on a monthly theme. Toddler Friends 1 2 3 starts on Saturday, September 6, at 10:15 a.m., and spots are still available.
- Preschool Storytime – Children 2-6 p.m. can participate in storytimes. Weekly storytimes provide a fantastic opportunity to engage children in an environment that fosters lifelong learning and literacy. Each week children will explore a different theme with books, songs, fingerplays, games, and crafts. Spots are still available on Tuesdays from 1-1:45 p.m. and 6:30-7:15 p.m.; Wednesdays from 1-1:45 p.m.; Thursdays from 10:15-11 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.; and Fridays from 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.