It’s almost Labor Day! Be sure to enjoy the last bits of summer at Eckhart Public Library.
Speaking of Labor Day, the Eckhart Public Library Campus will be closing at 5 p.m. on Friday, August 29, and will be closed on Saturday, August 30, and Monday, September 1. The campus will open, with regular hours for each building, on Tuesday, September 2. The Teen Library will be closed on Friday, August 29.
Here’s what is going on at Eckhart Public Library this week:
- Admit You’re Happy: August is Admit You’re Happy Month! Stop by the desk at the Teen Library on August 25-30 share what makes you happy.
- Locker Crafts: Another school year is up and running, so it’s time to personalize your locker! Stop by the teen library for crafting ideas to decorate your space. Tuesday, August 26, 4:30-6:30 p.m., Teen Library.
- John Martin Smith Project ACD Open House: During the ACD Festival Festivities, come see some of the items being digitized by the Eckhart Public Library from the John Martin Smith Collection. Friday, August 29, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., with a short program at noon. Sinclair Station, 1304 N. Main Street, Auburn.
- Margaret Kessler: 40 Years in the Arts: Oil paintings and art quilts by local artist Margaret Kessler will be on display through Thursday, August 28 in the Close Community Room.
- Safe Sitter: Eckhart Public Library, in partnership with DeKalb Health, will offer Safe Sitter on Saturday, September 13, from 10 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. in the Close Community Room. This one-day course, for children 11-14, is a medically-accurate program that instills students with confidence as they learn how, why and where injuries can happen so they can be prevented. Registration is $20 and is due by September 4. Register by calling 925-2414 ext. 300.
- Fall Children’s Department Activities: The Children’s Department at Eckhart Public Library offers several great opportunities for children starting this fall! Register now for Preschool Storytime (children 2-6 years old), Toddler Friends 1 2 3 (children 18 months to 3 years), and Wee Reads Storytime (children 12-24 months). For children in kindergarten through fifth grade, ATLAS (At The Library After School) begins on September 4 and meets on Thursdays from 3-3:45 p.m. To learn more or sign up, visit the Children’s Department in the lower level of the Eckhart Public Library main building or call 925-2414 ext. 320.
- Pick up books for book clubs! Better Off Read will discuss “Kindred” by Octavia Butler on Thursday, September 11, at 6:30 p.m. at Jeremiah’s Brewed Awakenings. Turn a Page With Anni will discuss “Room” by Emma Donogue on Wednesday, September 17, at noon at the Main Library. Books can be checked out at the Information Desk at the Main Library.