It’s already past mid-August! Where has the summer gone?
Enjoy the end of summer this week at Eckhart Public Library – we even have an outdoor concert on Thursday! Won’t that be a nice way to spend a late-August evening?
- Margaret Kessler: 40 Years in the Arts: Oil paintings and art quilts by local artist Margaret Kessler will be on display through August 28 in the Close Community Room.
- Lunch Bunch: Bring your brown-bag lunch and join in the conversation about genealogy, family history, and local history. This week’s topic is Unique Treasures. Think about, and even bring along, unique treasure that can help you expand your genealogy and family history research. Tuesday, August 19, noon to 1 p.m., Learning Lab at Willennar Genealogy Center.
- Turn a Page with Anni: The book club will discuss “In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash” by Hoosier writer Jean Shepherd. Wednesday, August 20, noon to 1 p.m., at the Main Library.
- Creative Writing: All writers, no matter what genre, 18 years and older, are encouraged to attend. Group members share writing and participate in writing exercises. Thursday, August 21, 10:15-11:45 a.m., JHG Room.
- Knifty Knitters: Beginning and experienced knitters and crocheters are welcome in this group. Help is available for problem patterns. Thursday, August 21, Main Library.
- Auburn Community Band Concert: The Auburn Community Band will present a concert in the Eckhart Public Library park. Thursday, August 21, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Educator Workshop: K-12 educators from public, private, and homeschool programs are invited to a free educator workshop about using primary source materials in the classroom. The workshop will feature the John Martin Smith Collection and will be led by historian Dr. David Vanderstel, Special Projects Consultant at Eckhart Public Library. The workshop is worth up to three Professional Growth Points. Register at goo.gl/qez3gn by August 15. Saturday, August 23, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Sinclair Station.
- Family History Fall Boot Camp: This introduction to genealogy and family history is full! Watch for another Boot Camp course to be offered again soon!