The Children’s Department at Eckhart Public Library offers several great opportunities for children starting this fall! To learn more or sign up, visit the Children’s Department in the lower level of the Eckhart Public Library main building or call 925-2414 ext. 320.
- Preschool Storytime: Preschool storytime, for children 2-6 years old, meets once a week to explore a different theme with books, songs, fingerplays, games, and crafts. Storytimes are:
- Tuesdays from 1-1:45 p.m. and 6:30-7:15 p.m.
- Wednesdays from 1-1:45 p.m.
- Thursdays from 10:15-11 a.m., 11:30-12:15 p.m., and 6:30-7:15 p.m.
- Fridays from 10:15-11 a.m. and 11:30-12:15 p.m.
- Toddler Friends 1 2 3: At Toddler Friends, children 18 months to 3 years old and their parents, grandparents, or caregivers participate in center-based learning, story, music, and fingerplays. Families also receive age-appropriate materials and parent ideas. Toddler Friends 1 2 3 meets the first Saturday of each month, September through May, at 10:15 a.m.
- Wee Reads Storytime: This storytime is for children 12-24 months old and their caregivers, and includes books, songs, action rhymes, and fingerplays. Each 20-minute session ends with everyone blowing bubbles. From September to April, sessions are:
- Tuesdays at 10:15 a.m. and 11 a.m.
- Wednesdays at 10:15 a.m.