It’s hard to believe that it’s nearly Independence Day! We’ve had a great summer so far, with lots of people coming in and participating in Summer Reading Club and Summer Research Club! Don’t forget, there are still a couple of weeks left to earn some great prizes! Come in and get a tally sheet today! Also, don’t forget to tweet or Instagram your Summer Reading Club and Summer Research Club experience using the hashtag #EPLSRC.
Eckhart Public Library will be closed in observance for Independence Day on Friday, July 4, and Saturday, July 5. We will reopen on Monday, July 7. Make sure you come check out your materials for the long weekend by July 3! Or, if you’re an e-book or e-audiobook reader, you can check things out 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through the Northeast Indiana Digital Library. All you need is your library card, and a PIN. If you don’t have a PIN or you’ve forgotten your PIN, stop in to the Information Desk at the Main Library by Thursday so you can check out items over the holiday weekend.
Here’s what’s happening this week:
- Toddler Friends 1 2 3: Children 18 months to 3 years old participate in center-based learning with parents and caregivers. Families receive materials to take home. An adult must attend the session with the child. Monday, June 30, 10:15 a.m., library park.
- Tuesday Crafts: Children can join our staff for fun crafts. Sign up after family programs. Tuesday, July 1, 10:30-11:30 a.m. for kindergarteners through second graders; 1:30-2:30 p.m. for third through fifth graders, Close Community Room.
- Lunch Bunch: Bring your brown bag lunch and get in the mood for July 4 by talking about your favorite sites for American History-related vacations! Bring pictures and mementos if you’d like. Tuesday, July 1, noon to 1 p.m., Learning Lab at the Willennar Genealogy Center.
- Will Cuppy, American Satirist: Film professor and award-winning author Wes Gehring will talk about his recent biography on Auburn native Will Cuppy, eccentric humorist and literary critic. Tuesday, July 1, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Close Community Room. Registration is requested, but not required; register online by clicking here.
- Family Storytime: Storytime for all ages. Wednesday, July 2, 11:15 a.m., library park. Come early for lunch through the Summer Food Service Program from 11-11:45 a.m. Lunch is free for children 1-18 and $3.75 for adults. (Read more about the Summer Food Service Program by clicking here.)
- Family Programs: Bingo. Thursdays, July 3, 10:15 a.m. in Library Park. Stay for lunch afterward through the Summer Food Service Program from 11-11:45 a.m. Lunch is free for children 1-18 and $3.75 for adults. (Read more about the Summer Food Service Program by clicking here.)
- Creative Writing Group: Adults 18 and older who write any genre are invited to attend. Group members share writing and participate in writing exercises. Thursday, July 3, 10:15-11:45 a.m., JHG Room at the Main Library.
- Knifty Knitters: Beginning and experienced knitters and crocheters are welcome to attend. Thursday, July 3, 6-7:45 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Technology Tutoring: Sit down with an Eckhart Public Library staff member to learn about using computers, software, tablets, e-readers, and other devices. Appointments are available on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays at the Main Library. Call 925-2414 ext. 120 or visit our website to set up an appointment.
- Book the Digital Lab: Do you have photos, documents, scrapbooks, or other such items that mean a lot to you? We can help you capture and save a digital copy! A Willennar Genealogy Center staff member will guide you through the process of scanning your items using Willennar Genealogy Center equipment. Appointments are on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays at the Willennar Genealogy Center. Call 925-2414 ext. 420 or visit our website to book a slot.