It’s shaping up to be another great week on the Eckhart Public Library campus! Flowers are blooming everywhere, the fountain is flowing, and the Teen Library’s garden is growing! If you have time this week, take a stroll around the campus and check it all out!
While you’re out and about, or whenever you’re enjoying something at or checked out from Eckhart Public Library, Instagram or tweet it! Use the hashtag #EPLSRC.
Here’s what’s happening at Eckhart Public Library this week:
- Summer Reading Club and Summer Research Club: Children, Teen, Adult, and Genealogy departments at Eckhart Public Library are each offering a chance to use library materials and earn prizes. Pick up entry forms in each department. For more information, visit the library’s website at epl.lib.in.us. Runs through July 19.
- OverDrive Challenge: During the month of June, we’ve been challenged to increase the number of items downloaded. Download e-books and e-audiobooks to help our consortium meet its goal and win more digital content. Downloads also count toward Summer Reading Club totals.
- Toddler Friends 1 2 3: Children 18 months to 3 years old participate in center-based learning with parents and caregivers. Families receive materials to take home. An adult must attend the session with the child. Monday, June 23, 10:15 a.m., library park.
- Teen Movie: “Wall-E” will be shown and snacks will be served. Monday, June 23, 5-7 p.m., Teen library.
- Tuesday Crafts: Children can join our staff for fun crafts. Sign up after family programs. Tuesday, June 24, 10:30-11:30 a.m. for kindergarteners through second graders; 1:30-2:30 p.m. for third through fifth graders, Close Community Room.
- Mystery, Intrigue, and Invisible Ink: Find secret messages at the Teen Library – apply a heat source and solve the mystery. Plus, teens can create their own secret messages. Tuesday, June 24, 2-4 p.m., Teen Library.
- Family Storytime: Storytime for all ages! Wednesday, June 25, 11:15 a.m., Library Park.
- Family Program: Learn to juggle with Jim Merrills. Thursday, June 26, 10:15-11 a.m., library park. After the Family Program, you can stay for lunch – free for children 1-18 and $3.75 for adults – through the Summer Food Service Program. Read more about it here.
- Game Day: Bring a friend and enjoy some video games or board games of your choice. Friday, June 27, 12:30-8 p.m., Teen Library.
- Print Making: Create your own unique prints using styrofoam and acrylic paint. Supplies and snacks provided. Friday, June 27, 2-4 p.m., Teen Library.
- American Girl and American Boy camps: Children in grades 3-6 can have fun learning about history! Registration is $15. Mondays through July 7 for girls, Wednesdays through July 2 for boys. Grand finale is July 7 at the Garrett Historical Railroad Museum. To register, call 925-2414 ext. 320.
- Technology Tutoring: Sit down with an Eckhart Public Library staff member to learn about using computers, software, tablets, e-readers, and other devices. Appointments are available on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays at the Main Library. Call 925-2414 ext. 120 or visit our website to set up an appointment.
- Book the Digital Lab: Do you have photos, documents, scrapbooks, or other such items that mean a lot to you? We can help you capture and save a digital copy! A Willennar Genealogy Center staff member will guide you through the process of scanning your items using Willennar Genealogy Center equipment. Appointments are on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays at the Willennar Genealogy Center. Call 925-2414 ext. 420 or visit our website to book a slot.