We’re ready for another great week at Eckhart Public Library! Our Summer Reading Clubs and Summer Research Club are going great, with lots of people using our materials and earning prizes! But don’t worry if you haven’t gotten involved yet – you can start anytime! Just pick up a tally sheet in the Children’s Department, at the Circulation Desk, at the Teen Library or at the Willennar Genealogy Center! Click the links to read more about the clubs for Children, Teens, Adults, and Researchers. Summer Reading/Research Club runs through July 19.
And don’t forget, you can help us try to earn more e-books and e-audiobooks and boost your Summer Reading Club totals by downloading items from OverDrive! Read more about the OverDrive Challenge here, and click here to learn more about e-books.
Here is what else is happening at Eckhart Public Library this week:
- Toddler Friends 1 2 3: Children 18 months to 3 years old participate in center-based learning with parents and caregivers. Families receive materials to take home. An adult must attend the session with the child. Monday, June 16, 10:15 a.m., library park.
- Tuesday Crafts: Children can join our staff for fun crafts. Sign up after family programs. Tuesday, June 17, 10:30-11:30 a.m. for kindergarteners through second graders; 1:30-2:30 p.m. for third through fifth graders, Close Community Room.
- Lunch Bunch – Burning Questions: Bring your brown bag lunch and be ready to talk about genealogy. Bring your burning questions about genealogy research and discuss the answers with other researchers and Willennar Genealogy Center staff members. Tuesday, June 17, noon to 1 p.m., Willennar Genealogy Center Learning Lab.
- Turn a Page With Anni Book Club: The Book Club will discuss “Second Time Around” by Beth Kendrick. Pick up a book at the Main Library. Wednesday, June 18, at noon, in the Close Community Room at the Main Library.
- Acres Land Trust Presentation: Heather Barth from the ACRES Land Trust will be at the Willennar Genealogy Center to talk about the ACRES Land Trust and some of its projects in the area, including the new preserve at the James Covell farm, formerly the Glen T. Rieke family homestead, south of Auburn. Wednesday, June 18, 6-7:30 p.m. in the Learning Lab at the Willennar Genealogy Center.
- Family Program – Indiana Wild: Experience a live animal conservation education program. Thursday, June 19, 10:15-11 a.m., library park.
- American Girl and American Boy camps: Children in grades 3-6 can have fun learning about history! Registration is $15. Mondays, June 9 to July 7 for girls, Wednesdays, June 11-July 2 for boys. Grand finale is July 7 at the Garrett Historical Railroad Museum. To register, call 925-2414 ext. 320.
- Technology Tutoring: Sit down with an Eckhart Public Library staff member to learn about using computers, software, tablets, e-readers, and other devices. Appointments are available on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays at the Main Library. Call 925-2414 ext. 120 or visit our website to set up an appointment.
- Book the Digital Lab: Do you have photos, documents, scrapbooks, or other such items that mean a lot to you? We can help you capture and save a digital copy! A Willennar Genealogy Center staff member will guide you through the process of scanning your items using Willennar Genealogy Center equipment. Appointments are on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays at the Willennar Genealogy Center. Call 925-2414 ext. 420 or visit our website to book a slot.