The fountain is flowing, and you know what that means: Summer has come to Eckhart Public Library!
The beginning of June also means it’s the beginning of the OverDrive Challenge. This challenge is attempting to boost downloads of e-books and e-audiobooks by 25 percent. The best news? Downloads count toward Summer Reading Club totals! Read more about OverDrive Challenge by clicking here.
Here’s what else is happening at Eckhart Public Library this week:
- Lunch Bunch: Digitization. Talk about techniques to digitally preserve items, why it’s a great way to share your family treasures, and how the Willennar Genealogy Center is sharing local items with researchers. Tuesday, June 3, noon to 1 p.m., Willennar Genealogy Center Learning Lab.
- Family Program: Explore the Outdoors with PBS. Thrusday, June 5, 10:15-11 a.m., Library Park.
- Creative Writing Group: Join other writers 18 and older to share your work and participate in a writing exercise. Thursday, June 5, 10:15-11:45 a.m., JHG Room.
- Knifty Knitters: Knitters and crocheters from beginners to advanced are invited. Having trouble with a problem pattern? Help is available from this group. 6-7:45 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Technology Tutoring: Sit down with an Eckhart Public Library staff member to learn about using computers, software, tablets, e-readers, and other devices. Appointments are available on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays at the Main Library. Call 925-2414 ext. 120 or visit our website to set up an appointment.
- Book the Digital Lab: Do you have photos, documents, scrapbooks, or other such items that mean a lot to you? We can help you capture and save a digital copy! A Willennar Genealogy Center staff member will guide you through the process of scanning your items using Willennar Genealogy Center equipment. Appointments are on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays at the Willennar Genealogy Center. Call 925-2414 ext. 420 or visit our website to book a slot.