Its nearly June, and longtime Eckhart Public Library patrons know what that means: It’s almost time for Summer Reading Club! Children, teens, and adults can all get in on the fun, reading Eckhart Public Library materials and earning cool prizes.
Plus, this year we’ve added a brand new club: Summer Research Club at the Willennar Genealogy Center! For every hour of research using Willennar Genealogy Center materials, researchers get an entry into drawings for great prizes, including books, a two hour research “lock-in” at the genealogy center, and a private viewing of items from the John Martin Smith Collection!
Summer Reading Clubs and Summer Research Club start on June 2. Be sure to stop in this week to learn more about these fun, prize-winning opportunities.
Here’s what else is happening at Eckhart Public Library this week:
- Fifth Grade Open House: Fifth grade teachers and students, and parents of soon-to-be-sixth-graders, are invited to come in and check out the Teen Library. Tuesday, May 27, 2:45-9 p.m. at The Third Place – A Teen Library.
- Avoiding a Legacy Nightmare: Join Dennis Postema of Postema Insurance and Investments for “Avoiding a Legacy Nightmare”. Postema will walk attendees through the ins and outs of estate planning including how to start difficult conversations, choose beneficiaries, and avoid identity theft. Free publications are available to attendees. Tuesday, May 27, 6-8 p.m. in the Close Community Room.
- ATLAS: Children will meet to watch a movie and eat some popcorn. Fifth graders will learn about the Teen Library. Thursday, May 29, 3-3:45 p.m.
- Technology Tutoring: Patrons can book an hour with a library staff member for one-on-one help with computer and devices, including tablets and e-readers. Call 925-2414 ext. 120 or register online to book a time. Appointments are available on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Book the Digital Lab: Patrons can book an hour with a genealogy department staff member for one-on-one training on scanning photographs and documents using Willennar Genealogy Center equipment. Call 925-2414 ext. 400 or register online to book a time. Wednesdays at 5:30 and 6:30 p.m.; Thursdays and Saturdays at 1 and 2 p.m.