Did you know the Eckhart Public Library has a whole digital collection?
EPL is one of the libraries in a consortium called NIDL (Northeast Indiana Digital Library).
If you have a device that uses applications (like iPads and Google tablets) check your app store for the OverDrive Media Console. Kindle users do not need the OverDrive Media Console.
Why borrow digital books from the library?:
- Faster to read (eBook specific, though you can change the reading speed on audiobooks)
- Lighter (carry six books on one device)
- No late fees because items are returned automatically (no worrying about venturing out in the rain to return these books)
- No light needed (if the device you’re using has one built-in)
- Around the clock access (no worrying if the building is closed)
- Multiple ways to download
- Library eBooks count for the Summer Reading Club
- Never lose your place! You can sync what you’re reading across multiple devices.
- Thousands of books to choose from in multiple formats!
I love eBooks because they’re lighter and I found it’s faster for me to read one. The eBooks also got me more involved in audiobooks because instead of switching out a CD or cassette I just download the whole thing and I’m good to go!
You can have up to six books on your account at a time and you can also have up to that many on hold. The default lending period can be changed to 1, 2, or 3 weeks (if you would like help with finding your settings and loan periods ask a staff member).
There are a lot of great things about eBooks. What’s your favorite?