We’re gearing up for a fun, fast-paced summer at Eckhart Public Library! We are just putting the finishing touches on our Summer Reading Clubs for children, teens, and adults, and Summer Research Club for genealogy and local history researchers! Watch Charlie Chat later this week for more information.
Also, please note that Eckhart Public Library will be closed Saturday, May 24, and Monday, May 26, in observance of Memorial Day. The library will reopen Tuesday, May 27.
Here’s what’s happening this week at Eckhart Public Library:
- Lunch Bunch – Female Ancestors: Tracing the female side of a family tree can be difficult and frustrating but it is also one of the most rewarding challenges of genealogy research. Come discuss research methods to learn about the women who came before you. Tuesday, May 20, noon to 1:30 p.m., Willennar Genealogy Center Learning Lab.
- Meet the Author – Monica Koldyke Miller: Area author Monica Koldyke Miller will be at Eckhart Public Library to answer questions and talk about her historical romance novel, “Threads of Betrayal.” Read more about her visit by clicking here. Tuesday, May 20, 6:30-7:30 p.m. Register by calling 925-2414 ext. 120 or online by clicking here.
- Turn a Page With Anni: The book club will discuss “The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency” by Alexander McCall Smith. Wednesday, May 21, noon to 1 p.m., Close Community Room.
- ATLAS – Charlie’s Chapters: The book club will discuss “A Dark and Grimm Tale” by Adam Gidwitz. Students in grades K-2 meet in the craft room; students in grades 3-5 meet in the storytime room. Thursday, May 22, 3-3:45 p.m., Secret Garden.
- Open Mic Night: The Creative Writing Group is hosting an Open Mic Night! This will be an opportunity for anyone who would like to share aloud what they have written. Musicians are also welcome to share a song or two. Bring snacks (not required!) for an even more festive feel! Thursday, May 22, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Watercolor & Salt Painting: Teens can come anytime during open hours to try out fun watercolor techniques and learn about salt painting. Friday, May 23, 4:30-8:45 p.m., The Third Place: A Teen Library.
- Technology Tutoring & Book the Digital Lab: Book an hour with a Technology Tutoring staff member to learn how to use your computer, e-reader, or other device, or book an hour with a Genealogy Staff Member to scan documents and photographs. Call the library at ext. 120 for Technology Tutoring and ext. 420 for Book the Digital Lab appointments, or register online through the library’s calendar.
Check out the full Eckhart Public Library events calendar by clicking here.