This week, the biggest thing happening at Eckhart Public Library is the Annual Friends of the Eckhart Public Library Art Show! There is wonderful art by local adults, teens, and children on display at the main library and teen library! Please come check it out when we’re open!
You can also see a preview of the art on display on our Flickr page, but, of course, the art looks even better in person!
Also happening this week at EPL:
- Trick Your Bike: May is National Bike Month. Teens can celebrate by decorating their bikes and learning basic bicycle maintenance and cycling safety. Treats will be served to dedicated cyclists and artists. Tuesday, May 13, 4:30-6:30 p.m. at the teen library.
- ATLAS Blast: “Fun and Games”: Children can celebrate the coming of summer break in the library park while exploring their creative side with sidewalk chalk and different ways of making bubbles. Thursday, May 15, 3-3:45 p.m. in the Library Park (weather permitting).
- Creative Writing: This group for adults 18 and older meets to write and share their work. Thursday, May 15, 10:15-11:45 a.m. in the JHG Room.
- Knifty Knitters: Beginning and experienced knitters are welcome to work on their projects, and give and receive help with tricky patterns. Thursday, May 16, 6-7:45 p.m. in the Close Community Room.
- May Book Sale: The Friends of the Eckhart Public Library will hold its May book sale on May 14-16. Wednesday at 4-8 p.m., the book sale is exclusive to Friends of the Library members, with memberships available at the door. The sale is open to the public Thursday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday also is $1 per bag day. (Read more about the book sale by clicking here.)
- Discovering Historic Auburn: The Willennar Genealogy Center: A Service of Eckhart Public Library will be part of Discovering Historic Auburn. Come visit the genealogy department booth and learn more about what’s going on at the Willennar Genealogy Center. Sunday, May 18, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Downtown Auburn.
- Technology Tutoring: Patrons can book an hour with a library staff member for one-on-one help with computer and devices, including tablets and e-readers. Call 925-2414 ext. 120 or register online to book a time. Appointments are available on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
- Book the Digital Lab: Patrons can book an hour with a genealogy department staff member for one-on-one training on scanning photographs and documents using Willennar Genealogy Center equipment. Call 925-2414 ext. 400 or register online to book a time. Wednesdays at 5:30 and 6:30 p.m.; Thursdays and Saturdays at 1 and 2 p.m.
- Registration for American Girls & Boys Camps open: Boys and girls entering grades three and above in the next school year may register for fun, educational American history camps. Campers will meet weekly to explore Westward Expansion, World War I, life during the Great Depression and the 1970s through games, crafts, foods and mini-history lessons. Registration is $15. Contact the children’s department for more information at 925-2414 ext. 320. June 9-July 7.
Be sure to keep an eye on the Eckhart Public Library calendar for more exciting events coming up in the weeks ahead! You can find the calendar by clicking here.