We heard your concerns about 7-day checkouts for New Fiction titles for adults and we took action!
As we are experiencing a shrinking budget for print titles, Eckhart Public Library will now be offering two check out options to make the most of our available titles for all library users. We now have two categories of New Fiction for adults: Express Fiction and Non-Express (regular) Fiction.
Express Fiction consists of new fiction titles for adults, particularly new bestsellers. Here’s what you need to know about Express Fiction:
- It is for Patrons who want a faster turn around time on the newest hot titles.
- Express Fiction titles will check out for 7 Days.
- If there are no Holds on an Express Fiction title, you may renew it once for an additional 7 days.
- Express Fiction titles have a late fee of 50¢ per day!
Non-Express will function like our former New Fiction system. Here’s what you need to know about Non-Express Fiction:
- Non-Express New Fiction is for patrons who do not mind a longer wait.
- Non-Express Fiction titles will check out for 14 days.
- If there are no holds on a Non-Express Fiction title, you may renew it once for an additional 14 days.
- Non-Express fiction titles will accrue late fees at 10¢ per day.
Look for Express Fiction titles with the bright orange neon stickers. Non-Express Fiction titles will still have the red New stickers.