“Eckhart Public Library will remain strong and carry on, regardless of space or circumstance, to serve our community’s evolving needs as we move forward to enter a new chapter of service.”
Main Library Restoration Update
In order to help ease patron access and to create more room near the Main Library, EPL’s bright green book drop will be moving across the street to the parking lot. You can read more about it here. Wondering how you can help? Visit eckhartstrong.org for more information.
- Neon Flix: Students are invited to join us the first and third Monday of each month at the Teen Library. A group that writes, directs, and acts in original films, short stories, and YouTube Videos. New members are always welcome! Monday, December 18, 5-6 p.m., Teen Library.
- Bridge-a-Rama Bridge Lessons: Learn to play Bridge for free! Space is limited, so please register with Eckhart Public Library by calling 260-925-2414 ext. 120 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. This program is a partnership with the Auburn Associate Tri Kappa through their Bridge-A-Rama program. Monday, December 18, 6-8 p.m., Auburn Plaza Location.
- Wee Reads Storytime: Storytime Enrichment Classes are designed to help your child reach his or her full potential through stories, games, crafts, and activities that encourage early literacy skills. Our Wee Reads Storytime is designed for children ages birth – 2 and their families. A library card is not needed to attend these classes. No registration required! Tuesday, December 19, 10:15-10:35 a.m. and 11-11:20 a.m, Teen Library; Wednesday, December 20, 10:15-10:35 a.m. and 11-11:20 a.m., Teen Library; and Thursday, December 21, 6:30-6:50 p.m., Auburn Plaza Location.
- Pokémon Club: The Pokémon Clubs of both children’s and teens will be combining to participate in fun Pokémon-themed activities and to battle other enthusiasts if you have cards. All will go home with their cards, as trading is not encouraged. Pokémon Club is free and no sign up is required! Tuesday, December 19, 4-5 p.m., Teen Library.
- Preschool Storytime: Storytime Enrichment Classes are designed to help your child reach his or her full potential through stories, games, crafts, and activities that encourage early literacy skills. Our Preschool Storytime is designed for children ages 2 – 6 and their families. A library card is not needed to attend these classes. No registration required! Tuesday, December 19, 6:30-7:15 p.m.; Thursday, December 21, 10:15-11 a.m. and 1-1:45 p.m.; and Friday, December 22, 10:15-11 a.m. Teen Library.
- Turn a Page Book Club: Make new friends and participate in engaging, thought-provoking discussions on each month’s book! We will be reading “13th Day of Christmas by Jason Wright. Pick up a copy at the Willennar Genealogy Center. Wednesday, December 20, 12-1 p.m., Willennar Genealogy Center.
- Lego Club: Join us to build something amazing with Lego Club every second, third, and fourth Wednesday of each month. We supply the LEGOs, you create the masterpiece! Wednesday, December 20, 4-5 p.m., Teen Library.
- Creativity and Cookies: During each session, we will use our imaginations and a variety of supplies to create our very own masterpieces. There will also be cookies for hungry artists. Thursday, December 21, 4-5 p.m., Teen Library.
- Knifty Knitters: Beginning and experienced knitters and crocheters are welcome. Struggling with a problem pattern? Help is available from this group! Thursday, December 21, 6-7:45 p.m., Auburn Plaza Location.
- Closing at 5:00: Eckhart Public Library will be closing at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, December 22, and will remain closed through Tuesday, December 26, in observance of the Christmas Holiday. We will reopen Wednesday, December 27. We will be closing at 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, December 27 through Saturday, December 30. We will be closed on Monday, January 1, in observance of New Year’s Day. We will reopen Tuesday, January 2, with our regular hours. Happy Holidays!