Main Library Restoration Update
We have new movie spindles and a great new collection of Preschool DVDs coming to our collection, thanks to some amazing organizations and people! Royal Center Public Library was kind enough to donate spindles to us and we were able to set them up this week to help store our many DVDs. We also were the recipient of a Mother Goose on the Loose 2017 Giving Circle Grant, which is helping us add great new movies for kids. There will also be some new children’s books in the near future! Thank you! Wondering how you can help? Visit eckhartstrong.org for more information.
- Spring Break Activities at Temporary Location: We will have sensory sand with beach toys out at Temp all week. Drop in anytime to create:
- Monday-Create your very own lei.
- Tuesday-Create a totem pole.
- Wednesday-Create a jelly fish.
- Thursday-Create a rainbow fish. All week long, Auburn Plaza Location.
- Pizza and Paperbacks – Hawaiian Style: Students are invited to enjoy a slice of pizza while listening to one of our great paperbacks. We’ll eat, read, discuss, and enjoy! We’ll turn our pizza into Hawaiian pizza with pineapples and ham. Monday, March 26, 5-6 p.m., Teen Library.
- Pokémon Club: The Pokémon Clubs of both children’s and teens will be combining to participate in fun Pokémon-themed activities and to battle other enthusiasts if you have cards. All will go home with their cards, as trading is not encouraged. Pokémon Club is free and no sign up is required! Tuesday, March 27, 4-5 p.m., Teen Library.
- Lego Club: Join us to build something amazing with Lego Club every second, third, and fourth Wednesday of each month. We supply the LEGOs, you create the masterpiece! Wednesday, March 28, 4-5 p.m., Teen Library.
- Super Happy Fun Time Movie Day: At this Super Happy Fun Time Movie Day, we will watch Moana and make some Hawaiian shaved ice to celebrate Spring Break! Thursday, March 29, 3-5 p.m., Teen Library.
- Closed for Spring Maintenance: Eckhart Public Library locations will be closed Friday, March 30, and Saturday, March 31, for Spring Maintenance. We will reopen Monday, April 2, with our regular hours.